Well we are getting ready to get started. Here are our final thoughts.
1. Rays-Tim Beckham, SS, Georgia HS
Seems to be a done deal.
2. Pirates-Pedro Alvarez, 3b, Vanderbilt
This is an I will believe it when I see it, but the rumors just won’t go away.
3. Royals-Eric Hosmer, 1b, Florida HS
Best bat in the prep class, the Royals took the same description last year.
4. Orioles-Brian Matusz, LHP, San Diego
Too good to pass up at this point, even though they would probably like a bat.
5. Giants-Buster Posey, C, Florida St.
The Giants need bats that can help in a hurry, and there may not be one that will get there faster than Posey.
6. Marlins-Kyle Skipworth, C, California HS
They have been on him for a while, although Alonso could be a local hero.
7. Reds-Gordon Beckham, SS, Georgia
The Reds could use a shortstop to fill out what is turning into a great young core.
8. White Sox-Justin Smoak, 1b, South Carolina
Kenny Williams was at the SEC tournament a couple of weeks ago checking him out.
9. Nationals-Yonder Alonso, 1b, Miami (FL)
The Nationals want a big bat, and he is the best one on the board.
10. Astros-Dan Schlereth, LHP, Arizona
They are the Astros, and they are cheap in the draft. There are rumors of Schlereth, and it would be like them to make a bonehead decision.
11. Rangers-Aaron Crow, RHP, Missouri
It would be a great surprise if he fell to the Cardinals, but I doubt he makes it past the Rangers.
12. Athletics-Jemile Weeks, 2b, Miami (FL)
The new hot rumor. I originally had Hicks here, but he just doesn’t seem like their type of pick.
13. Cardinals-Christian Friedrich, LHP, Eastern Kentucky
The Cardinals are hoping someone falls, but if they don’t they will be happy to grab a lefty like Friedrich.
1. Tim Beckham
2. Pedro Alvarez
3. Eric Hosmer
4. Brian Matusz
5. Buster Posey
6. Kyle Skipworth
7. Gordon Beckham
8. Justin Smoak
9. Aaron Crow
10. Daniel Schlereth, I hear? That would be very Astro-ish.
11. Yonder Alonso
12. Aaron Hicks