Batavia is the only Cardinals’ affiliate still playing this year, and they went for a division title tonight. Fortunately they came out on top, but so did Jamestown who entered the day tied with the Muckdogs for first place in the Pinckney division of the New York-Penn League. I don’t know how the playoffs work, but I would have to think they are going to post-season play. Overall it was a great year for the Cardinals’ short-season clubs. Batavia wins their division, and Johnson City finished 2nd in their division.
Check out the details from the game after the break.
- Christian Rosa went 2-3 with a run and a walk.
- Xavier Scruggs was 2-4 with a double and a run. His average was terrible this year, but he showed good pop and is still only 20.
- Jose Garcia went 1-2 with 2 runs and a steal. His stats don’t look great, but he did steal 26 bags for Batavia this year.
- Scott Gorgen picked up the win with 5 shutout innings. He allowed 3 hits and 1 walk while striking out 5. He finished up a great season, and his stats look very similar to what Jess Todd did last summer.
- Adam Reifer closed it out with a perfect ninth to pick up his 22nd save. That’s a pretty impressive total for a short season club. It will be interesting to see where he starts out next year.