We are so very near the end, but thankfully Batavia has kept the DFR’s alive for a little while longer. Derrick Goold follows up the UCB’s top seven lists with his own. His methodology was a little different from Erik’s, as he didn’t consider Perez, Mather, Garcia or Boggs eligible. It’s always good to get DG’s take on the prospects.
In this blurb from Matthew Leach this afternoon, he says that TLR says that there is no thought of bringing up Freese or Rasmus or anyone else due to the injuries to Glaus and Ankiel. We already knew that Rasmus wasn’t coming up, but I had kind of hoped that perhaps Freese might get a shot at some playing time in the bigs while Glaus is hurting [note: as I am typing this sentence, Felipe Lopez commits two errors at third base in the second inning of the Cards/Cubs game tonight].
And Batavia keeps the DFR’s coming as they win the best of three series against the Lowell Spinners to advance to the finals against the Jamestown Jammers.
- Adam Veres, a late round draft pick this year that I like a lot, had a great outing. He went seven innings and only gave up one run on two hits and a walk while striking out seven.
- Ramon Delgado relieved in the eighth and struck out all three batters he faced.
- Adam Reifer made it interesting in the ninth, giving up a run on a hit and a walk before settling down and closing out the game.
- The offense came from the bottom of the lineup: Chris Swauger was 1-3 with a walk.
- Frederick Parejo was 2-4, Xavier Scruggs was 1-3 and Jose Garcia was 2-3.