Derrick Goold has more on the newest Cardinal, Charlie Manning. I like the fact that it’s a low-risk move, and in spite of the Cardinals sending several lefties to the AFL, none are even close to being a slam dunk to making the roster. And how can I not root for a guy named Manning that is donning the birds on the bat?
A great interview of Alex Castellanos done by Dustin Mattison at the Birdhouse.
- Brett Wallace continues to struggle. He went 0-for-3 with a strikeout and is 2-for-16 so far in the AFL.
- Tyler Greene and Shane Robinson on the other hand both are doing well, and tonight both went 1-for-4.
- Stephen Hill T-Bone went 0-2 and was intentionally walked. He played catcher.
- Tyler Norrick allowed a run over two innings, with two walks, a hit and a strikeout.
- Arnoldi Cruz, who is hitting .429, went 0-3. He did well defensively behind the plate, however. Throwing out two out of three basestealers, catching the speedy James Skelton and Brian Friday.
Caribes 4, Caracas 2 (Venezuela)
- For Caribes, David Freese went 1-4 with a double and a strike out. He also had a throwing error.
Licey 2, Escogigo 1 (10 innings)
- Amaury Cazana went 0-3 with a walk for Licey. He also hit a foul ball so hard, the ball broke the speed of light, went back in time, and killed Amelia Earhart while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean. Mystery solved.
More later as info becomes available…
Update: OK, I’ll just do this quick and dirty…Luke Gregerson allowed a hit and struck out two over a scoreless frame for Margarita of the Venezuelan league. He was credited with the W.
Jose Martinez went 0-3 for Aragua, playing against Gregerson’s team.