The handlebar mustache ain’t going anywhere, Bryan Anderson fans gnash your teeth! AZ already found more pros then cons in using Anderson as Yadier’s backup, but for one reason or another the Cards do not see that it as Anderson’s proper role, at least for the near future. His days in the Cardinal organization are probably numbered, me thinks.
Anderson will however be backing up Molina in the Puerto Rican Winter League, which starts on Election Day.
Speaking of voting, Derrick Goold is polling the fans on who should be the Cards minor league player of the year. There is a great case for Freese, but where is the love for Daryl Jones? I just am not sure the real organizational player of the year should be trailing by so much.
Arizona Fall League
- Shane Robinson went 1-3 with an intentional walk. Who is the manager that would intentionally walk Shane Robinson? He stole his sixth base of the AFL season and also had a sac fly.
- Brett Wallace went 0-4 with a walk. A .644 OPS wasn’t what we were hoping to see out of Wallace in fall ball; I’ll have to look at his batted ball types to see if it is just a matter of tough luck.
- Adam Ottavino with another less than stellar performance- 3 IP, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 1 HR.
- Justin Fiske threw a scoreless inning, pitching around a couple of hits. He recently updated his blog, found here. Box.
Hawaii Winter Baseball
- Tony Cruz went 1-4.
- Blake King allowed two hits over two innings and struck out five.
Dominican Winter League
- For Halloween, Albert Pujols dresses up as Amaury Marti. Marti doubled and walked in four at bats. Box.
Venezuelan Winter League
- David Freese drove in a pair of runs, one on a sac fly and another on a solo jack. He struck out twice in his other two at bats. Box.