While I’m not quite sure what to make of all this Ryan Ludwick for Matt Holliday talk, but from the sounds of things Mo is trying to create an opening for Rasmus. I know this would not do it, they’ll also have to move Skip or Duncan (Skip’s value will never be any higher, Dunc’s probably won’t be any lower), but my sense going into this hot stove league is that chances were higher than ever that Colby would get moved. Yet all the trade talk to this point has centered around Ludwick and not Rasmus. Interesting…
At Fangraphs.com, Marc Hulet reviews the 2008 minor league Cards.
- In a game that saw 29 total runs scored, Shane Robinson walked four times and scored four runs. Gotta like it. He also stole a base.
- Brett Wallace went 2-for-5 with a double and a walk.
- Adam Ottavino was ergh. 3.2 IP, 8 H, 7 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 HR. Ergh, I say.
- Tyler Norrick stopped the bleeding. He allowed no runs on a hit over 1.1, with 2 K’s.
- Brad Furnish walked one and struck out two in his one inning of scoreless work. Box.
- Starting on opening day for The Secret Weapon’s Carolina Giants, P.J. Walters allowed a run on three hits over 2.1 innings pitched. 4 K’s, 1 BB.
- Bryan Anderson went 0-for-2. Box.