Blake King pitches an inning and doesn’t walk a batter. Do we need more of an introduction than that? The farm goes 2-1-1 (I think QC got warped to 2001 hockey). Details after the jump.Memphis 5, New Orleans 3
- PJ Walters threw 4.2 innings allowing 4 hits and 2 walks while striking out 2. If the club needed one of the Memphis Five today to start the season in the bigs, I think they’d go with Mitchell Boggs. Given a few turns threw the Memphis rotation and I expect them to take the hot hand at the time.
- Katsuhiko Maekawa recorded 4 outs but was tagged for 1 run in the process. He struck out 2 and walked 2.
- Marco Gonzalez allowed 3 hits and 2 ER while striking out 1 in his inning of work.
- Nick Stavinoha was 3-for-4.
- Casey Rowlett was 3-for-4 with a SB.
- Tyler Greene and Brian Barton both went 1-for-3 with a walk.
Springfield 4, Binghamton 5
- Justin Fiske, being stretched out as a starter, threw 5 innings. He allowed 2 hits, 2 walks and 1 ER while striking out 3.
- Elvis Hernandez got hit hard for 3 ER on 5 hits in 1.1 innings.
- Kristiam Linares allowed 1 ER over 1.2 innings. All 5 outs came via strikeout.
- Brandon Buckman was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Donovan Solano hit a 3-run HR. He “also made a nice pick and tag on a steal attempt”. Defense will be key on Solano’s path to the majors.
Palm Beach 5, St. Lucie 3
- Mark Diapoules walked 4 and struck out 4 over 3.2 scoreless frames.
- Richard Castillo, who is this year’s Trey Hearne imo, allowed 5 hits over 3 innings. He struck out 1 and allowed 2 runs to score.
- Blake King: 1IP, 1K.
- Adam Reifer walked 2 and allowed a run to score while recording just one out on a K.
- Eduardo Sanchez struck out 2 and allowed 1 hit over .2 IP.
- Paul Vasquez went 2-for-4 with a double.
- Tripled: Pete Kozma, Tommy Pham
- Doubled: Charlie Kingrey
- Singled: Jon Edwards, Jermain Curtis, Shane Peterson, Francisco Rivera
Quad Cities 1, Savannah 1
- Brett Zawacki went 3 IP allowing 1 hit and 2 walks whike striking out 2.
- Gary Daley(!) threw 2 innings allowing 1ER. He allowed 3 baserunners (1 hit, 2 BBs) and struck out 1.
- Eric Fornatoro, making his DFR debut, threw 2 scoreless frames allowing 1 hit and striking out 1.
- Dylan Gonzalzez allowed 1 hit in a scoreless inning.
- David Carpenter was perfect for an inning.
- Beau Riportella was 2-for-4.
- Paul Cruz was 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Singled: Brian Buck, Brett Lilley, Ryde Rodriguez, Michael Swinson
Credit, as always this spring, to the gracious Mr. Vuch for distributing these spring notes.