5 games today as May comes to a close. Straight to the DFR.
Memphis 4, Iowa 3 (7 innings)
- Tyler Greene was 1-for-3 with a HR and 2 strikeouts.
- Allen Craig was 1-for-2 with a double and a HBP.
- Matt Pagnozzi again gets the start over Anderson. Per John Marecek on twitter: “La Russa: When they add the 3rd catcher in September, Matt Pagonzzi figures to be the guy“. Madness. Yes, I’m on twitter. No, I’m not proud about it. I don’t really tweet so much as use it like an RSS feed.
- Bryan Anderson was allowed to pinch hit and drew a walk.
- Blake Hawksworth went 7 strong allowing 3 runs on 8 hits. He struck out 5.
Memphis 2, Iowa 4 (Completion of the game begun 5/3)
- Jon Jay was 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Brett Wallace was 1-for-2 with a walk.
- Adam Ottavino walked 4 in 3.2 innings and struck out 3. He was tagged for 2 runs.
- Kat Maekawa decided to make him feel better by also walking 4 in 3.2 innings. Teammates stick up for each other.
- Matt Scherer (quietly sticking it too all of us for complaining about him being on the 40-man) pitched 5 outs with 2 Ks and a walk.
- Daryl Jones was 2-for-5 with a double.
- Daniel Descalso went 0-for-3 but drew 2 walks.
- Curt Smith was 2-for-3 with a walk.
- Tyler Henley was 2-for-4 with a HR. He’s now slugging .524 on the year with an ISO just under .200.
- Ryan Kulik was torched for 6 runs in 5 innings. He allowed 9 hits, 2 walks and struck out 1. Not a good start.
- Eduardo Sanchez pitched 2 scoreless frames walking 2 and striking out 1.
- Adron Chambers was 2-for-5 with a double.
- Aaron Luna went 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Jermaine Curtis was 2-for-4.
- Another sketchy outing from Richard Castillo. He pitches 6.1 innings despite walking 5 batters. He struck out 3 and allowed 8 hits. He was scored on 3 times.
- Casey Mulligan took the blown save with 2 ER on 3 hits and a walk.
- Travis Mitchell was 3-for-5 with a double.
- Charles Cutler was 3-for-5. He’s hitting .386 on the season.
- Frederick Parejo went 3-for-5 with a double.
- Gary Daley struck out 8 in 5.2 innings. Unfortunately he also walked 4 and allowed 4 hits (1 HR) for 3 ER.
- David Carpenter, Jason Motte 3.0, struck out 2 in an inning of work.