I had to clear my lead as erik scooped my Wager Mateo scoop. And by scoop I mean “reading twitter.”
Memphis and Quad Cities were off today.
- Ryan Kulik started the game and gave up 8 hits and only 1 earned run (2 total). How’d he do that? 0 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Sam Freeman pitched the next 2 innings and walked 3 and struck out 1.
- Marco Gonzalez did the same in 1.1 innings.
- Pete Kozma, SS, Chicken Fried Steve Hill, DH, Mark Hamilton, 1B, James Rapoport, CF all had a hit and a walk each. That was it for the offense.
- Diaper Dandy Richard Castillo was the hard luck loser for Palm Beach. He gave up 1 run over 7 innings, giving up 6 hits and 1 walk. He struck out 3. 10 of his outs were via the air vs. 7 on the ground.
- Bad Blake King showed up, but it wasn’t the walks that doomed him, it was 4 hits and 4 runs. He struck out 2 and didn’t walk any.
- Adron Chambers, CF, Mr. Player of the Week went 2-3 with a double and a SB and a caught stealing. He was also hit by a pitch.
- Sugar 2 Shane Peterson, RF went 2-4 with a double.
- Blake Murphy, C also had a double but was 1-4 in throwing out runners.
- Eric Fornataro started and gave up all 5 hits over 4 innings.
- Josh Squatrito pitched 1 shutout inning with 1 hit and 1 k.
- Scott Schneider pitched 3 perfect innings and struck out 3.
- Santo Maertz struck out 1 in the 9th and vultured the win as the Muckdawgs won the game in the bottom of the ninth.
- Jairo Martinez, LF went 3-3 with a double, an RBI and a walk.
- Matt Carpenter, 3B went 2-5 and scored the winning run on a passed ball.
- X-man Xaiver Scruggs went 2-4 and had a SB.