Winner, winner chicken dinner as almost everyone won tonight (except for JC) and every team but Quad Cities was in action. One game short on either side of the perfect everyone plays, everyone wins DFR. One day we will get there.
The GCL League started today and as you know we will not be covering them in the DFRs. There will be coverage of the team however, just not in a DFR basis.
UPDATE: I’ll be doing a bi-weekly GCL update so we can see who is doing well/not so well from a macro level.
Let’s get to the action.
- Mitch Boggs started the game for Memphis and did ok except for one bad inning (the 6th) in which he was chased by 2 HRs. He struck out 5 and walked 3, so his peripherals aren’t tremendous.
- Matt Scherer relieved Boggs and pitched a total of 1.2 innings allowing only 1 hit.
- Royce Ring did his 8th inning lefty thing.
- Jess Todd closed down the game with zeroes across the board.
- Brian Barden, 3B went 3-4 with a HR and 2 RBIs.
- Sugar Shane Robinson, CF also had a HR and tacked on a double on the way to 2-4.
- Jarrett Hoffpauir, 2B went 3-4 with a triple, two runs scored and a walk.
- Lance Lynn continued his “just win baby” ways by giving up only 2 runs over 5.1 innings. He struck out 4 and walked 0. He did allow 8 hits however.
- Eduardo Sanchez came in with 1 runner aboard and stranded him. He pitched a total of 1.2 innings and struck out 3. As Matt Baker smiles to himself.
- Tyler Norrick struck out the side in the 8th.
- Francisco Samuel nailed down the save for his 18th of the year.
- Dan Descalso, 2B 2-5, ho-hum. Just another day at the office.
- Tony Cruz, 3B went 1-4 with a double.
- James Rapoport, CF 1-4 with a stolen base.
- Peter Kozma, SS was leading off and went 1-3 with 2 walks.
- The Cardinals scored the winning run in the bottom of the ninth on a single, sacrifice, ground out and wild pitch after Adam Reifer blew the save in the 9th.
- Nick Additon pitched well over 5 innings giving up 2 runs (1 earned). He struck out 7 and walked only 1.
- Tom Eager pitched 3 shutout innings, striking out 2.
- Adron Chambers, CF continues his hot streak going 3-5 with his first HR of the year.
- Aaron Luna, 2B and Curt Smith, 1B both went 2-4.
- Sugar 2 Shane Peterson, LF had a solo HR on the way to 1-3.
- Deryk Hooker returned from his 50-game drug suspension to pitch great. He gave up 2 hits in 4 innings striking out 4 and walking only 1. He also plunked a guy.
- Tyler Skater Boi Lavigne pitched the next 4 and was even more successful giving up only 1 hit and striking out 4 and walking 0.
- Daniel Richardson mopped up the 9th.
- Matt Carpenter, 3B was 3-4 with a double.
- Easy Ryde Rodriquez, RF went 1-3 with 2 RBIs.
- Devin Goodwin, 2B out of where? (Delta St. University!) went 3-4 with a double.
- Reynier Gonzalez started for JC and was stopped after 1.1 innings, giving up 5 runs.
- Jose Rada tried to put out the fire but let one of Gonzalez’s runners score and gave up 1 of his own over 2.2 innings.
- Andrew Moss pitched in for the next 3 innings in the scramble as he allowed 2 hits, 2 walks and struck out 2.
- Michael Thompson gave up 1 run in the 9th.
- Matt Adams, 1B went 3-5 with a HR and 3 RBIs.
- Edgar Lara, RF, who I feel like has been around forever went 2-3 with a HR of his own.
- Raniel Rosario, LF went 2-4 with 2 doubles.
- Robert Stock, C, 2009 second round pick went 0-3 with 1 walk.