Mike Schildt, Johnson City coach, chews on a toothpick and the JC Press wants you to know that.
Pete Parise is having something of an under the radar season. A 2:1 strikeout ratio and a recent promotion to Memphis, Pete doesn’t really project to the majors but hopefully he can continue to have solid outings at AAA.
Big Miles discusses his time in the big leagues.
Your Wagner Mateo article for the day via Ben Badler.
- BDubs goes 3-for-4 with a double and a HR.
- Brian Barden played right field and went 0-for-3. Apparently the big league club isn’t the only one that likes to play their players out of position.
- A solid if underwhelming outing from Adam Ottavino. He pitched 6.1 innings allowing 2 runs on 5 hits and 3 walks striking out 3. He hit two batters as well so command issues remain.
- Matt Scherer pitched 1.2 scoreless innings striking out 3. Despite the shiny 2.35 ERA, Scherer doesn’t profile as more than the last man in the bullpen in the big leagues. He’s struck out 24 in 38 innings and walked 10.
- Antonio DeJesus was 2-for-6 with a double.
- Kozmanaut and Daniel Descalso (still needs a nickname) both went 1-for-5. Descalso had a double.
- James Rapoport went 2-for-3 with a pair of walks.
- Matthew Arburr went 2-for-5 with a double and a HR.
- A well pitched outing for Ryan Kulik who threw 8 shutout frames allowing 5 hits and striking out 1.
- Tyler Norrick pitched the last frame striking out 3 and walking 3.
- Chew on that you stupid manatees! I wonder if the manatees wear remetees? [/high five]
- Aaron Luna was 3-for-5 with a pair of doubles.
- Colt Sedbrook was 1-for-3 with a pair of walks.
- Richard Castillo pitched 6 innings allowing just 3 hits and 2 ER. He struck out 9 but walked 5 in the process.
- Casey Mulligan feels sorry for lonely one’s so he put 4 together. 1IP, 1 hit, 1 walk, 1K
- Matt Carpenter went 3-for-5 with a pair of doubles.
- Ryde Rodriguez continues to hit going 3-for-5 with a double.
- Beau Riportella was 2-for-5.
- Eric Fornataro allowed 1 run in 5 innings. He walked 2, struck out 1 and allowed a hit.
- Luis Mateo went 2-for-4 with a double.
- Raniel Rosario was also 2-for-4 with a double playing LF.
- Randy Santos struck out 4 over 4 innings of work. He walked 1 and allowed 6 hits getting tagged for 3 runs.
- Kyle Heim struck out 2 in 2 innings of work allowing 1 unearned run on 1 hit.