Palm Beach was postponed. Quad Cities game was suspended in the 3rd.
Troy Glaus and Khalil Greene will be heading to Memphis tomorrow.
[Edit: By the way, this DFR was brought to you by the two-part season finale of House, M.D. Season 4. Still a little miffed that Amber died. I liked her better than Thirteen or Kutner.]
- Daniel Descalso was 0-for-3 with a walk. He also turned another double play.
- Allen Craig smashed 2 homeruns. His overall line for the season (.765 OPS) still looks weak.
- Adam Ottavino had a decent outing marred by an unfortunate 7th inning with 2 walks and a wild pitch. I’m wondering more and more if he lacks the stamina to really go late into games. It seems like quite a few of his starts go well until he runs out of gas later in the game. Ottavino pitched 6.1 innings striking out 4, walking 3 and allowing 4 hits. He allowed 3 ER.
- Jess Todd struck out 2, walked 1 and allowed a hit in 2 scoreless frames. On the season, Todd has 56 strikeouts and walked 11. Todd doesn’t have a lot more to prove down in AAA but the Cardinals are insistent on using some lesser options that they can’t dismiss to the minors as easily. While the upside for Todd isn’t as high as other prospects, be assured that he gets asked about in trade scenarios.
Springfield 4, Directionally Challenged Arkansas 3 (12 innings)
- James Rapoport was 2-for-5 with a walk.
- Khalil Greene was 1-for-6 with a HR.
- Shane Peterson was 2-for-4 with 2 walks.
- Tyler Henley was 2-for-5 with a HR and a walk. That was his 10th HR of the season. Henley also had a walk-off single to left field to score Steven Hill.
- Mike Folli was 1-for-5 with a big fly.
- David Kopp lasted just 3.2 innings (pitch count) allowing 4 hits, 1 walk and striking out 2 for 3 ER.
- Brandon Dickson tossed 6 scoreless frames striking out 6. He allowed 2 walks and 3 hits.
- Eduardo Sanchez picks up the save with 2 scoreless frames striking out 2 and walking 1. He’s struck out 32 and walked 7 in 26 innings.
- Francisco Rivera was 2-for-4.
- Troy Glaus was 0-for-4 playing LF. Let’s just pause for a moment to understand the insanity of playing LF. [taps foot] Got it? He can’t throw the baseball from third but we’re going to put him in the outfield. The Cardinals have two glaring holes at 3rd and LF. Glaus is a natural 3B. Mark DeRosa has played a good bit of the outfield in recent years. If Glaus is going to help the Cardinals, it’s going to be as a 3B.
- Blake Murphy was 2-for-3.
- Chris Swauger was 2-for-2 with a HR and a walk.
- Nick Additon struck out 8 in 6.1 innings. He walked 2, allowed 7 hits and 4 ER.
- Casey Mulligan struck out 2 while retiring 5 batters.
- Adam Reifer pitched a perfect frame striking out 1.
- Jason Buuuuuuuuuuursma got lit up for 5 runs (4 earned) in the 10th when the game restarted after it’s suspension from 7/18.
- Ryan Jackson was 2-for-3.
- Batavia picked up their run as a result of a Tri-Cit error.
- Eric Fornataro pitched a 1 hitter through 7 innings.
- Scott Schneider pitched 2 innings striking out 3 and allowing 3 hits.
- Robert Stock was 2-for-4.
- (Richard) Raco Racobaldo was 1-for-3 with a double. He’s hitting .404 in JC so far.
- Matthew Adams was 3-for-5.
- Ted Obregon, 2B, was 3-for-4 with a triple.
- Reynier Gonzalez struck out 9 over 5 innings. He allowed just 1 hit and walked 1.
- Andrew Moss pitched 4 scoreless frames striking out 4 and walking 2.