Posted on August 22nd, 2009 by azruavatar in Daily Farm Reports
Memphis 7, Round Rock 3
- Jarrett Hoffpauir and Allen Craig both went 2-for-4. With an OPS just shy of .900, Craig has created another specatular offensive year despite several prolonged slumps. In July, he posted an OPS over 1.200 and he’s followed that up with another 1.000+ in August. Nick Stavinoha, though art expendable.
- Evan MacLane tossed 7.2 solid innings striking out 4. He walked none and allowed 6 hits for 3 ER.
- Matt Scherer finished up the game with 4 scoreless outs including 2 Ks.
Springfield 3, Corpus Christi 1
- Colt Sedbrook was 2-for-4 with a walk.
- Joey Bombs (gosh it’s fun to write that again), was 1-for-2 with a pair of walks. He played CF and transitioned to RF.
- Steven Hill and Aaron Luna were 2-for-3. Luna went big fly.
- A very nice outing for Brandon Dickson who struck out 9 over 7 innings. K’s aren’t his calling card so it’s interesting to see an outing like this. He walked 2, allowed 4 hits and 1 ER.
- Chuckie Fick pitched two scoreless frames walking 1 to end the game.
Palm Beach 1, Jupiter 3
- Tommy Pham tripled.
- David Kopp tossed 3 innings. He allowed 5 hits and 3 runs (2 earned) walking 1 and striking out 2.
- The game was only 6 innings long presumably on account of rain.
Quad Cities 4, Burlington 12
- Raco Racobaldo was 2-for-3 with a pair of doubles and a walk. His numbers slipped after the promotion but it was a nice night for Raco.
- Xavier Scruggs was 3-for-4.
- Eric Fornataro was battered around for 9 hits in 4 innings accounting for 4 ER.
- The relief pitchers provided little relief: McCully – 1 IP, 2 ER; Gonzalez 1 IP, 5 ER; Veres 2 IP, 1 ER.
- Only Ramon Delgado escaped his inning unscathed.
Batavia 2, State College 9
- I imagine this team has a collection of those ubiquitous shirts that just say ‘COLLEGE’ across the front.
- Devin Goodwin was 2-for-4.
- Matt Adams was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Joe Kelly got lit up for 5 ER in 2 innings of work. He struck out 5 but walked 4.
- Andres Rosales followed that up with an ugly 3 ER in 1.2 IP.
- Deryk Hooker finally came in with a solid performace striking out 6 over 3.1 innings of scoreless work.
Johnson City 3, Burlington 5
- Klingon Teran was 2-for-5.
- Audry Perez was 2-for-2 with a pair of walks.
- Randy Santos took his 6th loss allong 4 runs (3 earned) in 4 innings of work.