Posted on August 27th, 2009 by azruavatar in Daily Farm Reports
Memphis 2, Alburquerque 6
- Some scouts will tell you to watch which players hit on nights when no one else is hitting. Memphis had 3 hits as a team. Allen Craig was 2-for-4.
- PJ Walters has been shaky as the season has progressed. He allowed 5 runs (4 earned) on 8 hits and 3 walks in 6 innings. He struck out just 2.
Springfield 7, NW Arkansas 8
- Jim Rapoport was 2-for-3 with a pair of walks. Rapoport is hitting .263/.371/.353 on the season. His upside is probably a fifth outfielder. The walks are nice but the lack of power is going to eat into his production over time.
- Daryl Jones was 0-for-4.
- Joe Mather was 1-for-2 with a double and a walk.
- Andrew Brown was 3-for-5 with a pair of HRs.
- Pete Kozma was 2-for-3 with a double.
- Scott Gorgen got turned to stone (hmmmm. . . that doesn’t make much sense) allowing 5 runs in 6 innings. The long ball was the problem as he allowed 3 big flys.
- Francisco Samuel wound up with the loss retiring 2 batters allowing 1 ER on 2 hits.
Palm Beach 3, Sarasota 2
- Chris Swauger was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Curt Smith went deep.
- Osvaldo Morales doubled and walked.
- Richard Castillo had a good outing allowing 4 hits in 7 innings for 1 ER. He struck out 3. Castillo has struggled with command allowing a walk every other inning and a K:BB ratio around 1.5. His saving grace has been just 4 HRs in 135 innings.
- Adam Reifer took the blown save and the win allowing a run on 2 hits and a walk. His season continues to perplex me and make me wary of low level relievers. (Can I get a bugle taps for Kenny Maiques?)
Quad Cities 3, Peoria 7
- D’Marcus Ingram was 1-for-2 with a pair of walks.
- Jarred Bogany was 1-for-3 with a triple and a pair of walks.
- Jason Stidham was 0-for-4 with a pair of socks.
- Frederick Parejo was 2-for-4 with a double and a walk.
- QC drew 10 walks in the game to with 6 hits. That’s a lot of stranded base runners.
- Jorge Rondon got lit up for 6 runs in 3 innings.
Batavia 6, Mahoning Valley 11
- Michael Swinson was 2-for-3 with a pair of walks.
- Kevin Conley have yourself a night! He was 4-for-5 with 2 doubles and a HR. After struggling at QC, he’s hitting .364/.447/.742 in 76 PAs. (That’s for you bgh.)
- The pitching was . . . o look Johnson City won!
Johnson City 7, Elizabethton 5