A quick apology — I know the DFRs have been “thin” lately and that’s due to a couple of reasons namely that the season is winding down and that I’ve thrown my back out twice in the last week. Sitting at a computer for an extended period of time is unpleasant right now.
We’ve got 6 games with a Memphis double header as they try to extend their lead in the PCL North over Nashville. The pitching in the minors seems to be wearing down a bit but a couple of injured Cardinal hitters are showing signs of life.
Memphis 7, Oklahoma City 2 (Game 1: 7 innings)
- Jon Jay was 2-for-4 with a double.
- David Freese was 3-for-3 with a double and a 3-run HR.
- Mark Hamilton was 2-for-3 with a double.
- PJ Walters has been very erratic over his last few Memphis starts. He needed 96 pitches to go 5 innings allowing 1 ER. He was tagged for 4 hits and walked 4 batters while striking out 4.
- Tyler Greene was 2-for-3 with a HR. That’s his 15th of the season. His Memphis numbers are really astounding for a SS with a .292/.370/.488 season line. Add in plus defense and baserunning abilities (his 31st stolen base) and the Cardinals have to be very pleased with his season.
- Mark Shorey was 3-for-3 with a double.
- Adam Ottavino threw 3.2 innings striking out 4. He walked just 1 but was bit by a 2 run HR allowing 3 runs before being pulled in the 4th inning.
- Josh Kinney and Pete Parise each pitched a scoreless inning.
- Daryl Jones was 2-for-5.
- Andrew Brown goes deep for the second night in a row, his 13th of the season. He was 2-for-4 with a walk.
- Joe Mather went big fly as well with a 2-for-4 effort.
- Brandon Dickson got rocked for 5 ER in 5.2 IP on 9 hits. He struck out 3 and walked 1.
- Gary Daley took the loss allowing 2 runs in the 9th inning.
- Matt Carpenter was 2-for-4.
- A nice outing for Brad Furnish who seems to be doing better in Palm Beach — at the very least he’s striking out more batters than he’s walking. He allowed 1 ER in 5 innings striking out 6 and walking 2.
- Mark Diapoules allowed 1 run over 3.2 innings striking out 6.
- D’Marcus Ingram was 3-for-4 with a double and a walk.
- Raco Racobaldo went big fly.
- Ryde Rodriguez and Jarred Bogany both went 2-for-4.
- Kevin Thomas walked 4 batter and struck out 3 over 6 innings. He managed to limit the damage on 5 hits to 2 runs (1 earned).
- Kyle Conley stays ridiculously hot going 2-for-3 with a double and a HR. He also walked.
- Ivan Castro went 2-for-4.
- Michael Blazek struck out 6 over 4.2 innings allowing 4 runs (3 earned) on 5 hits and a walk.
- Daniel Calhoun was tagged for 3 runs in 4 innings striking out 4. He allowed 6 hits.