Another pre-season Prospect Ranking, this time coming from The Scouting Book.
A bit about ‘The Scouting Book’
We don’t discount old-school scouting reports, and we don’t discount modern sabermetric statistics: we bow out of that entire argument and try to deliver values that come from both the head and the gut at the same time.
Likewise, we don’t reject the opinions of others. In fact, they’re incorporated in our summaries. In addition to the obvious inputs from such places as Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, SI and ESPN, our contributors and sources include professional scouts, baseball writers, online fantasy baseball consultants, and more than a couple of hobbyist sabermetricians who spend too many days tramping around minor league ballparks.
More info here. Rankings after the jump:
Scouting Book’s Top Cardinals Prospects for 2010
Current Overall SB ranking for 2010 shown in parentheses. Click any player for a full report.
1. Jaime Garcia LHP (#48 overall)
2. Shelby Miller RHP (#54 overall)
3. Lance Lynn RHP (#96 overall)
4. David Freese 3B (#121 overall)
5. Daryl Jones LF (#129 overall)
6. Bryan Anderson C (#130 overall)
7. Eduardo Sanchez RHP (#173 overall)
8. Robert Stock C (#188 overall)
9. Allen Craig OF (#204 overall)
10. Blake Hawksworth RHP (#235 overall)
According to their sidebar, Robert Stock’s stock (see what I did there?) is on the rise.