Tommy Pham likes to listen to the song Walk it Out by Unk. You like that song too. You should tell Tommy that you both like that song.
Memphis 9, New Orleans 2
- Gary Daley threw 4 shutout innings. He allowed a walk and a hit while striking out 1. Take a second to re-read that if you must. Gary Daley threw 4 shutout innings.
- Trey Hearne walked 4 in 2 innings of work. He allowed 2 earned runs.
- Josh Kinney retired 5 allowing 1 hit and a walk. I have to think that Kinney is nearing the end of the road with the organization. He lacks the stuff of guys below him and his health has thus far prevented him from consistently contributing in the big leagues. Kinney needs to produce quickly in Memphis or this may be his last season as a Redbird.
- Fernando Salas struck out 2 in a perfect inning of work.
- Shane Robinson was 3-for-3 with a pair of triples and a walk.
- Tony Cruz was 2-for-3 with a double and a HBP.
- Amaury Cazana Marti went yard.
Springfield 3, Jacksonville 13
- Scott Gorgen was lit up for 6 ER on 8 hits in 4 innings. He’s got a major league changeup but fringy stuff overall. He could turn out to be a usable 5th starter or fail to make it out of the minors.
- Lefty Ryan Kulik allowed 2 ER in 3 innings. He walked 4, allowed a hit and struck out 1.
- Eduardo Sanchez struggled allowing an uncharacteristic 6 hits in 1 IP. He was tagged for 2 ER while striking out 2. Still love the combination of stuff and command.
- Andrew Brown was 3-for-4.
- Matt Carpenter was 2-for-3 with a walk.
- Colt Sedbrook, Aaron Luna and Daryl Jones singled and walked.
- Tommy Pham walked (it out) twice.
Palm Beach 7, Jupiter 2
- Mark Diapoules struck out 3 in 4 innings. He allowed 1 earned run on 2 hits and a walk.
- Arquimedes Nieto allowed just an unearned run in 2.2 IP. He struck out 4 against 2 hits and a walk. He’s disappointed that his hometeam Syracuse lost.
- Ramon Delgado retired 4, one via strikeout.
- David Carpenter tossed a hitless inning walking one and striking out 1.
- Richard Racobaldo was 2-for-2 with a double.
- Jason Stidham and Domnit Bolivar both had a pair of hits.
- Frederick Parejo singled and walked.
Quad Cities #1 1, Greensboro 0 (10 innings)
- Kevin Siegrist threw 4 scoreless innings striking out 3 and walking 1.
- Michael Blazek allowed 4 hits in 4 innings of work. He struck out 5. Keep an eye on Blazek who just recently turned 21 and struck out nearly a batter an inning last year.
- Andrew Moss and David Kington both tossed 1-hit innings.
- Niko Vazquez singled and scored the only run.
- Jonathan Rodriguez singled and walked.
- Devin Goodwin doubled and walked.
Quad Cities #2 1, Marlins #5 1
- Cale Johnson threw three scoreless innings allowing 1 hit and striking out 1.
- Christopher Corrigan strikes out 1 and walks two in a pair of hitless innings.
- Rainel Rosario was 2-for-4.
- Jesus Montero singled and walked.