It was a pair of intrasquad games today. The pitchers generally threw to their (soon to be) teammates, so the scores for the games are tenuous at best. You’ll find individual highlights after the jump but don’t spend too much time trying to piece together a game narrative. Springfield players caught an early flight so you won’t see any names from that group.
A special thanks to John Vuch and the minor league staff for providing these details through today’s final day of minor league camp.
Memphis 6, Palm Beach 3
- Rich Hill tossed 4.2 innings striking out 8. The unsurprisingly problematic part was walking 4 batters as well. He allowed 2 hits and 1 ER.
- Scott McGregor retired 7 hitters, 5 via the strikeout. He allowed 1 walk and 2 hits.
- Shane Robinson was 3-for-4 with a pair of triples.
- Tyler Greene was 3-for-4 with a solo shot.
- Mark Shorey and Daniel Descalso both singled and walked.
- Adam Ottavino allowed 6 hits and 5 runs (3 earned) in just 4.1 innings of work. He walked 3 and struck out 2.
- Brandon Dickinson tossed 2 frames walking 1 and allowing a hit.
- Tyler Norrick and Josh Kinney both allowed a hit in their innings of work. Kinney struck out 1.
- Richard Racobaldo was 2-for-3.
- Tommy Pham was 1-for-2 with a walk. Check in midday on Monday for some additional details on Tommy’s spring.
- Alex Castellanos singled and walked.
- Jose Martinez doubled and walked.
Extended Spring Training 3, Quad Cities 0
- Deryk Hooker struck out 4 and walked 2 in 3 innings. He allowed 1 hit.
- Scott Schneider tossed 3 perfect frames striking out 1.
- Ramon Delgado tossed a perfect frame striking out 1.
- A series of hits (singled, double, DOUBLE, single — guess who doubled) would score all three runs off of the farm system’s top prospect.
- Shelby Miller tossed 3.2 innings striking out 4. He allowed 3 ER on 5 hits and 1 walk.
- Jesse Simpson retired 7 hitters, 5 via strikeout.
- David Carpenter tossed 1 perfect frame with a pair of strikeouts.
- Jason Stidham tripled.