The system went 2-1 today with a loss to the hated Iowa Cubs and turncoat Mike Parisi, Springfield offense having a … well, spring field day and QC winning a pitchers duel.
Don’t forget to check out fewgoodcards MLB draft pitcher preview below.
Daddy mac will make ya…
- Bats were light for the Redbirds as they faced their previous compadre Mike Parisi, but Tyler Henley led the way with 2 hits including a triple. Henley also added an outfield assist and a throwing error to the ledger.
- Jon Jay had a double.
- Bryan Anderson also had the other hit.
- Brandon Dickson pitched 5+ striking out 5 and walking 3 while giving up 1 run.
- Minor league free agent Rich Rundles pitched a scoreless inning.
- Josh Kinney got blowed up with 2 runs on 3 hits in his inning.
- If this was a Michael Bay movie, there would be an even larger explosion for Matt Scherer’s inning in which he gave up 3 runs on 5 hits.
- Steve Hill was 3-5 with a double and 3 RBIs…please let him stick at catcher, please let him stick at catcher
- Pete Kozma had 2 hits including a triple.
- Charlie Cutler had a double amongst his 2 hits.
- Aaron Luna was 2-3 with 2 walks.
- Adron Chambers and Andrew Brown both had 2 singles.
- David Kopp had a bad start to the game (giving up 5 runs in the first) but settled down for 3 more innings after that.
- Ryan Kulik got the win with 4 innings in relief striking out 3.
- Thomas Eager finished the game off.
Palm Beach was off today.
- Let’s lead with the pitchers because they were dominant (with no walks allowed on the game).
- Joe Kelly started and pitched 5 shutout innings striking out 2.
- Daniel Calhoun got the hold for securing the next 3 innings, striking out 2.
- Aaron Terry shut the door in the 9th.
- Matt Adams was all the offense QC needed with a solo HR.
- Ryan Jackson and Jason Stidham were the only other two QCers with hits with 1 each