The farm went 1-2 with Quad Cities off to my great disappointment.
Follow along with me past the jumpity goodness.
- Adam Ottavino pitched only two innings, giving up 3 runs (2 earned). Not sure why he left after only 54 pitches, but reportedly had been experiencing some soreness previous to this start.
- Trey Hearne is still working the kinks out giving up 7 in only 1 inning.
- Rich Rundles, Josh Kinney, Fernando Salas and Matt Scherer made appearances in the blowout.
- Ruben Gotay had 2 hits, one of which was a double, the other a HR.
- Mark Shorey had 3 hits, with a double and 3 RBIs.
- Dan Descalso also added 2 hits with a double.
- Nick Additon gave up 3 runs on 4 walks and 4 strikeouts in 7 innings, taking the loss.
- Tom Eager gave up 3 in 2.
- Adam Reifer struck out 1 and walked 1 in a shutout inning.
- Only 3 hits for Springfield on the night.
- Aaron Luna had a HR and a walk.
- Curt Smith had a double.
- Colt Sedbrook had the other hit.
- Pete Kozma put up the old 0-4 and committed his 7th error.
- Jared Bradford had an interesting night with 5 Ks and 0 walks in 6 innings. But, he also gave up 9 hits and 4 runs…
- Joel Pichardo pitched 2 non-descript innings.
- Matt Frevert and Casey Mulligan both pitched shutout innings with 2 Ks each.
- Domnit Bolivar was 3-5 with a double and a HR.
- Tommy Pham also went yard.
- Richard Racobaldo’s Modern Life had a 3-5 with 2 doubles.
- Luis De La Cruz was 2-5 with a double and a triple, but all of his non-hits were strikeouts.
Quad Cities was off.