Tomorrow Quad Cities will be on the MLB Network at 11am. Joe Kelly is the scheduled starter. I’ll have some thoughts after the game and hopefully in between innings.
Memphis is once again watered out (be flooding or continued rain) and the organization goes 1-for-2.
- Adron Chambers was 3-for-4 with a walk.
- Curt Smith was 2-for-5 but both hits crossed the fence.
- Aaron Luna and Pete Kozma both went 2-for-4.
- Gary Daley got lit up for 5 runs in 2.2 innings. He surrendered 7 hits and 3 walks while striking out 3.
- Adam Reifer struggled as well allowing 4 hits and 2 runs in 2 innings.
- Eduardo Sanchez pitched a scoreless 9th walking 1 and striking out 2. Sanchez is striking out a batter an inning with a 3:1 K:BB ratio.
- Jermaine Curtis went 2-for-5.
- Richard Racobaldo was 2-for-3 with a walk.
- Domnit Bolivar was 3-for-5.
- Jose Garcia was 3-for-4.
- Richard Castillo muddled through 5 innings allowing 6 hits and 3 walks. He held the opposition to 2 runs while striking out 3.
- Jared Buursma struck out 1 allowing 2 hits in 2 innings.
- Niko Vasquez was 1-for-3 with a pair of walks. He doubled.
- Frederick Parejo was 0-for-3 but walked twice.
- Ryde Rodriguez was 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Another fine outing from Miller who struck out 7 against 2 walks over 5.1 innings. He allowed 5 hits for 2 ER. You’d like to see him be a bit more difficult to hit given his stuff; opponents are currently batting .275 against him.