Quad Cities was on MLB network this afternoon, so head to the post below for AZ’s reactions from the game.
On to the DFR as the non-televised teams all won.
- Adam Ottavino had himself a game with 4 Ks and 1 walk over 6 innings. He allowed 2 hits and 1 unearned run. He’s earned himself some ice cream after the game.
- Oneli Perez struck out 2 in 2 shutout innings.
- Fernando Salas brought the winning run to the plate but didn’t allow any damage getting the save.
- Kevin Howard was 2-2 with a double and a walk.
- Shane Robinson had a two-run HR.
- Scott Gorgen was awesome with 8 Ks and 2 walks over 7 innings allowing 0 runs on 3 hits. Low hit total, 4x as many Ks as walks and more Ks than innings is a recipe for a pat on the back from me.
- Blake King did his thing with 2 Ks and 1 walk in his inning.
- Matt Meyer finished off the game with an inning full of zeroes.
- Pete Kozma was 2-4 with a HR and 4 RBIs.
- Andrew Brown also had 2 hits and a HR, but merely 3 RBIs.
- Daryl Jones was also 2-4 with a double.
- Charlie Cutler had a double and a walk.
- Mark Diapoules was solid over 5 innings. He struck out 5 and walked 1. He was removed from the game as he was working on a no-hitter.
- Scott McGregor allowed 3 hits and struck out 1 over 2 shutout innings.
- Matt Frevert and Casey Mulligan finished the game. Mulligan struck out the side.
- Alex Castellanos had the solo HR that was the difference.
- Tony Cruz and Domnit Bolivar each had a hit. Cruz was picked off but Bolivar stole a base.
Quad Cities 1, Burlington 4
AZ’s full report of the televised game is below.