Posted on May 30th, 2010 by azruavatar in Daily Farm Reports
Memphis 6, Alberquerque 16
- Bryan Anderson was 2-for-3 with a walk. Anderson’s showing a bit of pop with 5 HRs in 100 ABs but he’s not reaching base often enough with a .262/.306/.447 line.
- Ruben Gotay picked up a pair of walks. He’s hitting just .269 but has a crazy .397 OBP.
- Ryan Kulik got shelled, unsurprisingly, for 9 runs (7 earned). He walked 4 and allowed 5 hits. Kulik’s a finesse lefty with poor stuff — outings like this aren’t unexpected especially in the thin desert air [edit: tragically, as Mr. Schuler has pointed out below, they were in the humid Memphis air. yowza!].
- Matthew Scherer also got lit up for 5 runs in 2 innings allowing 7 hits.
- Mark Shorey pitched an inning. Memphis is hurting badly for innings right now.
Springfield 12, San Antonio 5
- Adron Chambers was 2-for-4.
- Matt Carpenter was 3-for-5 with a double. Carpenter has kept his high average hitting .362/.429/.464 in Springfield over 69 ABs.
- Andrew Brown was 2-for-3 with a pair of walks. Both hits were doubles.
- Pete Kozma and Curt Smith both went 2-for-5.
- Brian Broderick allowed 10 hits in 5 innings for 5 runs (4 earned).
- Blake King pitched two scoreless frames walking 2 and striking out 2.
- Matt Meyer pitched a pair of innings allowing 2 hits.
Palm Beach 6, Lakeland 3
- Jermaine Curtis and Xavier Scruggs both went 2-for-4. Scruggs doubled.
- Alex Castellanos went yard with his lone hit in 4 trips to the plate.
- Oliver Marmol was 1-for-3 with a HR and a walk.
- Mark Diapoules pitched 6 strong innings allowing 3 runs on 6 hits and 1 walk. He struck out 5 and had 10 of 13 outs in play on groundballs.
- David Carpenter struck out 1 in a perfect 9th.
Quad Cities 12, Burlington 4
- D’Marcus Ingram has come alive in recent days. He went 4-for-6 with a pair of doubles. He has a .909 OPS on the season and a 1.112 OPS in the last 10 days.
- Jason Stidham was 3-for-6.
- CJ Beatty was 3-for-4 with a double and a walk.
- Ryde Rodriguez and Ryan Jackson were both 2-for-5. Jackson doubled.
- Shelby Miller pitched 2.2 innings striking out 2 and walking 0. He was tagged for 3 hits allowing 2 runs (1 earned). Nothing I’ve seen indicates he was taken out for an injury.
- Justin Smith pitched 4.1 innings striking out 5 and allowing 4 hits for 2 runs (1 earned). He walked 1.