Posted on May 30th, 2010 by azruavatar in Daily Farm Reports
Memphis 5, Albuquerque 3
- Daniel Descalso was 2-for-4.
- Amaury Cazana was 3-for-4.
- Brandon Dickson helped his own cause going 2-for-3 at the plate. Dickson pitched 7 innings allowing 7 hits and 1 walk for 2 runs. He struck out 3.
- Fernando Salas pitched a scoreless frame.
Springfield 2, San Antonio 6
- Matt Carpenter was 1-for-3 with a HR and a walk.
- Aaron Luna went yard for his only hit in 4 ABs.
- Kyle Mura was knocked out of the game after 2.2 IP. He allowed 4 hits (2 homeruns) and walked 2 for 4 ER.
- Thomas Eager walked 6(!) batters in .2 IP. Miraculously, he was tagged with just 1 ER.
- Adam Reifer pitched 2 innings striking out 3 and walking 2. He allowed 1 hit.
Palm Beach 5, Lakeland 4
- Jermaine Curtis was 2-for-3 with a double and a walk. Curtis is struggling this year with a .619 OPS.
- Xavier Scruggs was 1-for-3 with a HR and a walk.
- Tommy Pham was 2-for-3 with a double.
- Scott McGregor threw 5 innings striking out 4. He was touched up for 5 hits and 1 walk totaling 1 ER.
- David Carpenter allowed a solo HR in the 9th before picking up the save.
Quad Cities 14, Burlington 5
- Ryan Jackson was 3-for-6 with a double.
- Jason Stidham was 1-for-4 with a pair of walks.
- Niko Vasquez was 3-for-5 with 2 doubles and a walk.
- Matt Adams went yard in his only hit out of 5 trips to the plate.
- Luis Mateo and Edgar Lara both went 2-for-5. Lara doubled and homered.
- Daniel Calhoun allowed 7 hits in 5 innings of work for 4 ER.
- Joe Kelly walked 1 in 4 innings. He allowed no hits and 1 unearned run while striking out 4. All 8 outs on balls in play were groundballs. Kelly has been simply dominant in Quad Cities with a healthy (though not crazy awesome) strikeout rate, a high groundball rate and excellent command. Considering he’s doing this while flashing a mid-90s fastball, it’s ok to be excited.