Since the Cardinals game tonight is as frustrating and long as an AL East game, let’s check out the DFR!
- Lance Lynn had a rocky start but held it together allowing 4 runs over 6 innings. He only struck out one guy, but walked 4.
- Andrew Brown (AAA pitcher version) pitched 2 shutout innings, striking out 2.
- Fernando Salas grabbed the save with a shutout inning, allowing a hit, but wiping that out with a double play.
- Joe Mather and James Rapoport both had two hits. Mather added a stolen base.
- Dan Descalso and Amaury Cazana both had doubles.
Springfield was off.
- Brett Zawacki only went 3.1 innings in his start giving up 3 runs – 2 walks and 2 Ks.
- Kevin Thomas gave up 2 runs of his own in 1.2 innings.
- Joel Pichardo took the loss giving up another 2 runs in 2 innings.
- Tyler Norrick was the only pitcher to not allow a run for the Cardinals striking out 2 and walking 1.
- Chris Swauger had two singles, 3 stolen bases and a walk.
- Tommy Pham had 3 singles and an RBI.
- Alex Castellanos had two singles and a stolen base.
- Eric Fornataro started for QC and his perifs were solid with 6 strikeouts and 2 walks. He allowed 8 hits and 6 runs (4 earned).
- Chris Notti struck out 2 and walked 1 in 1 inning.
- Jesse Simpson and Aaron Terry finished off the game with a shutout inning each.
- Ryde Rodriquez had the big hit with a two-run double.
- Lots of other guys had singles. (How’s that for insight?)