What a night last night in baseball! We should feel blessed that the Cardinals options for a CF are Colby Rasmus and this guy below and not Drew “Can’t Hit My Weight with runners on” Stubbs. But I don’t think anyone has called him that since his 4-H days.
Speaking of CF’ers, one of my all-time favorites, and the guy I emulated from the right side of the plate in whiffle ball HR derbys in the back yard retired yesterday, 75 years to the day after some guy named Herman. When it comes to surefire prospects, Ken was one. I’ll miss The Kid.
Congrats to The Chief Justice!
On to the DFR!
- James Rapoport walked and scored a run.
- Daniel Descalso went 1-for-4 with 3 R , 2B and 1 RBI.
- Allen Craig went 2-for-4 with 2 RBI.
- Brian Anderson and Amaury Cazana both went 2-for-4. Anderson hit a 2B and had 2 RBI.
- Oneli Perez got the start going 6 IP, with 6 H, 2 ER, 1 BB and 3 K. He yielded a HR.
- Rich Rundles pitched a perfect inning striking out 2 for a hold.
- Josh Kinney pitched a perfect inning striking out 1 for a hold.
- I’m Not Your Babe Fernando Salas picked up the save pitching a perfect 9th, striking out 2.
Springfield 11, Corpus Christi 12
- Daryl Jones AWAKE! DJ Tools went 4-for-6 with 2 3B, a HR, 3 R and 4 RBI.
- Pete Kozma went 2-for-4 with 2 R and 2 BB.
- Matt Carpenter went 3-for-5 with 2B and HR, 4 RBI.
- Steven Hill went 3-for-6 with 2B and 1 R.
- Jose Garcia went 1-for-5 with 2 R.
- Adron Chambers came off the bench and got a hit and scored a run.
- Mike Folli hit a HR in his lone AB.
- The first 3 Cardinal pitchers pitched 4.1 innings, gave up 11 H and 10 BB and 12 ER. That’s horrific.
- Nick Additon was roughed up in 3 IP. He gave up 6 H and 5 ER on 4 BB and 2 HR. He struck out 1.
- Matt Meyer wasn’t much better. He took the loss in his lone inning, giving up 5 ER on 3 H and 3 BB with 1 HR.
- Thomas Eager pitched 0.1 inning and gave up 2 H, 2 ER and 3 BB.
- Jason Buursma got things back on track for the pitching staff by throwing 2.2 shutout innings giving up 1 H and 1 K.
- Casey Mulligan walked 1 and struckout 1 in his inning.
- D’Marcus Ingram went 1-for-4 with R.
- Ryan Jackson went 1-for-4 with a 2B and 2 RBI.
- Matthew Adams went 3-for-4 with a 2B.
- Ivan Castro went 1-for-3.
- Michael Blazek went 4 IP, giving up 6 H, 4 ER, 1 BB and striking out 3.
- Jorge Rondon matched Blazek in IP, H and BB, but cut down the ER to 2 while striking out 2.
- Chris Swauger went 2-for-5 with 1 R and 2 RBI.
- Tony Cruz went 1-for-4 with 1 RBI.
- Xavier Scruggs went 2-for-3 with a HR.
- Domnit Bolvar hit a solo HR as well.
- Jarred Bogany went 2-for-4 with a 2B.
- Tommy Pham went 3-for-4 with a R.
- Richard Castillo threw 6 shutout innings, striking out 3, walking 2 and giving up 5 H.
- Ramon Delgado struck out 4 and walked 1 in his 2 IP.
- Matthew Frevert picked up 1 K in 1 IP.