It’s another drafty day, so I’m keeping the DFR quick. There are a lot of other posts below (and possibly above) about the new Cardinal farmhands. So let’s talk about some of the old ones.
Beer me that DFR.
- Ryan Kulik had one of those quality starts with 6 innings, 3 runs on 6 hits. He struck out 4 and walked 2. That’s only his 3rd AAA start and good to see a solid outing. This is especially noteworthy considering it happened at the hitter’s paradise that is Albuquerque.
- The pitcher Andrew Brown vultured the win with 1 K in 1 inning.
- Rich Hill continues to struggle as a Memphis reliever giving up 3 runs in 1.2 innings.
- Josh Kinney was called in to get the final out.
- Allen Craig had a HR and 2 doubles in a 3-4 night with 3 RBIs.
- Joe Mather had a triple and 2 RBIs.
- Dan Descalso (3-5) and Jon Jay (3-5) also had doubles.
Springfield was off.
- Mark Diapolules took the loss allowing 7 runs in 6.1 innings, but only 2 of those were earned. He struck out 6 and only walked 3. He’s got that nice ratio going for him.
- Matt Frogurt and David Carpenter finished off the game. Carpenter struck out the side.
- Player of the week, Xman Xavier Scruggs continued his hot streak with a double.
- Everyone else did nada.
- Jorge Rondon started and went the full piggypack 5 innings striking out 3 and walking 0. He allowed 6 hits and 2 runs (1 earned). He took the L in this affair.
- Michael Blazek struck out 5 and walked none in 3 innings.
- Aaron Terry finished the game.
- Niko Vasquez and Ryde Rodriquez were both 2-4 with 2 singles each.