Springfield’s game was postponed.
A good night for the org as the remaining teams go 4-1.
- Jon Jay was 3-for-5 with a HR.
- Daniel Descalso was 3-for-5 with a double. There was some talk of Descalso as an option to get some playing time this season. While I wouldn’t be surprised to see him come September, Descalso hasn’t lit the world on fire in Memphis like he did during his time in Springfield. Descalso may yet be an option at second but it’s not this season and probably not next.
- Allen Craig was 3-for-5 with a double and a pair of HRs and a walk.
- Joe Mather and Bryan Anderson were both 2-for-5 with a walk. Joey hit a bomb.
- Evan MacLane went 7 innings allowing 8 hits and just 2 runs. He walked 1 and struck out 1.
- Tommy Pham was 1-for-4 with a double and a walk.
- Palm Beach managed a win despite a lot of Ks at the plate. 14 to be exact.
- Kevin Thomas struck out 3 in 6 innings allowing just 3 hits.
- Trey Hearne, organizational warrior, pitched 3 innings striking out 3 and allowing just 1 hit.
Quad Cities 4, Kane County 3 (16 innings)
- D’Marcus Ingram was 2-for-6 with a double and a pair of walks.
- Ryan Jackson was 3-for-6 with a double and a pair of walks.
- Niko Vasquez went yard for his only hit in 8 trips to the plate. He walked twice.
- Matt Adams was 2-for-4 with a walk.
- Despite receiving 8 chances in some cases, no one managed a golden sombrero.
- Shelby Miller got the start tossing 3 innings allowing 2 walks and 2 hits for 1 ER. He struck out 4.
- Justin Smith struck out 8 in 4 innings allowing 3 hits and 1 ER.
- Chris Notti struck out 6 and walked 1 in 3 innings of work. He allowed 3 hits.
- You’re winning pitcher who tossed a scoreless 16th? Edgar Lara. Yes, 1B Edgar Lara picked up the win walking three in a hitless 16th.
- Nick Longmire was 2-for-4 with a triple.
- Nick McCully struck out 3 and walked 2 allowing 2 hits in 4 scoreless innings.
- Greg Garcia, 2B, was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Chris Edmondson, LF, went yard.
- Patrick Elkins, 3B, was 2-for-3.
- Hector Hernandez struck out 3 and walked 1 with the only run allowed on a solo HR among four hits.
- Ryan Copeland struck out 4 in 2.2IP. He allowed a hit and walked 1.
- Hector Corpas picked up his second save striking out 1 in 1.1IP.