Posted on July 31st, 2010 by azruavatar in Daily Farm Reports
Memphis 4, Omaha 3
- Allen Craig was 2-for-3 with a pair of HRs and a walk.
- Kyle Lohse went 4 innings allowing 3 solo HRs among 4 hits while striking out 2.
- Chuckie Fick followed up with 3 shutout innings allowing 1 walk, 1 hit and 1 strikeout.
- Eduardo Sanchez got the last two outs of the game (1 strikeout) for the save.
Springfield 8, NW Arkansas 1
- Tony Cruz was 3-for-4 with a HR and a walk.
- Steven Hill was 2-for-5 with a HR.
- Tommy Pham was 1-for-3 with a pair of walks. Pham is hitting .307/.416/.427 in Springfield for a .842 OPS. It’s good to see him hitting but you can’t get too caught up in a sample size like this when he’s struggled at so many other levels.
- Chris Swauger was 2-for-4.
- Pete Kozma went 0-for-1 with a pair of walks.
- A nice outing for Scott McGregor who struck out 8 in 7 innings of work. He allowed 3 hits and 1 walk for 1 ER.
- Adam Reifer pitched a scoreless 1-hit frame.
Palm Beach 3, Clearwater 1
- Niko Vasques was 0-for-1 with a pair of walks.
- Luis de la Cruz was 2-for-4 with a triple and a HR.
- Ryde Rodriguez was 2-for-3 with a double.
- Brett Zawacki with what might be his best outing of the year. He struck out 5 in 6.2 innings allowing 4 hits for 1 ER.
- Casey Mulligan pitched a scoreless frame striking out 2.
- David Carpenter got the save allowing 2 hits in the 9th.
Quad Cities 4, Cedar Rapids 2
- Matt Adams walked and homered in 4 PAs.
- Edgar Lara was 2-for-4 showing off his power with another HR. That’s his 4th in the last 10 games.
- Robert Stock was 2-for-4.
- Frederick Parejo was 1-for-2 with a pair of walks.
- Justin Smith pitched 5.2 innings allowing 5 hits and 1 ER while punching out 5.
- Daniel Bibona, in his first Cardinal affiliate appearance, pitched 2.1 innings allowing 1 hit and and 1 walk while striking out 4.
Batavia 6, Jamestown 1
- Nick Longmire was 3-for-5.
- Roberto Espinoza went 2-for-2 with a walk.
- Joey Bergman was 2-for-3 with a walk.
- Yunier Castillo was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Andrew Moss struck out 6 in 5 innings. He allowed 4 hits and 1 walk for 1 ER. Moss is putting up decent numbers but is old for Batavia. He’ll be 24 in October.
- David Kington struck out 3 and walked 1 in 2 innings.
- Chase Reid struck out 5 in 2 perfect frames.
Johnson City 0, Elizabethton 5
- Kleininger Teran was 3-for-4.
- Charllan Jimenez walked a tightrope for 4 innings. He allowed 7 hits and 1 walk while striking out 4. Despite the base runners, he did not allow any runs.
- Aiden Lucas allowed 1 hit in a scoreless frame.