Posted on August 2nd, 2010 by azruavatar in Daily Farm Reports
Memphis 12, Omaha 6
- Daniel Descalso, returning from a shoulder injury, was 3-for-5 with a HR.
- Allen Craig was 1-for-3 with a HR and two walks. In his last 10 games, he’s got a 1.404 OPS. Ummm, I think he’s ready for the big leagues.
- Joe Mather was 2-for-3 with a pair of HRs and a pair of walks.
- Amaury Cazana went yard.
- Donovan Solano was 3-for-5.
- PJ Walters got touched up a bit for 6 runs (5 earned) in 6.1 innings. He allowed 6 hits and 3 walks while striking out 4.
Springfield 2, NW Arkansas 0 (7 innings)
- Daryl Jones was 2-for-3 with a walk.
- Tony Cruz was 2-for-3.
- Tommy Pham was 1-for-2 with a walk. Is anyone else worried that Pham is trolling us again? I wonder if all those missives from Spring Training got lost in the mail and are just now getting to him. You guys wrote letters too, right?
- Nick Additon pitched 6 innings of shutout ball allowing 3 hits and 1 walk while striking out 4. Additon has been performing much better during the latter months of this year but his overall line in Springfield remains unexciting.
- Francisco Samuel pitched a 1 hit shutout 7th.
Springfield 0, NW Arkansas 1 (7 innings)
- Springfield collected just 2 hits and 2 walks.
- David Kopp picked up a complete game surrendering just 4 hits and 1 ER. He struck out 2.
Palm Beach 3, Clearwater 1
- Alex Castellanos was 2-for-2 with a HR.
- Jared Bogany was 2-for-3.
- Matt Frevert struck out 4 in 2 innings of perfect pitching.
- David Carpenter picked up the save (15th) with a 1 hit, 1 K 9th. In 45.1 innings, Carpenter has struck out 44 and walked 13.
Quad Cities 7, Cedar Rapids 4
- Ted Obregon was 2-for-5 with a double and a HR.
- Alan Ahmady was 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles and a walk.
- CJ Beatty WAS 3-FOR-4 WITH A PAIR OF DOUBLES.
- Shelby Miller allowed 5 hits and 2 unearned runs in 5 innings. He struck out 1 and walked 1.
Batavia 1, Jamestown 3 (7 innings)
- Nick Longmire was 1-for-4 with a HR.
- Yunier Castillo was 3-for-3. In 2008, Castillo walked 6 times in 152 ABs. In 2009, he did not walk once in 170 ABs. So far this year, he’s accumulated 2 walks. That’s 8 walks in 429 ABs for those of you keeping track at home.
- Zach Russell allowed 3 runs in 3 innings on 4 hits and 1 walk. He struck out 1.
- LaCurtis Mayes pitched the final 3 innings allowing 2 hits and striking out 1.
Batavia 2, Jamestown 1 (7 innings)
- Victor Sanchez was 1-for-2 with a double and a walk.
- Pat Biserta was 2-for-3.
- John Gast got the start striking out an impressive 5 in 3 innings. He allowed 4 hits.
- Keith Butler struck out 1 in a perfect 6th.
Johnson City 5, Greeneville 2
- Greg Garcia was 3-for-5.
- Oscar Taveras was 2-for-5.
- Reggie Williams was 2-for-3 with a pair of triples and a walk. Williams only extra base hits are triples in Johnson City.
- Boone Whiting pitched 5 innings allowing 2 runs (1 earned) on 4 hits. He struck out 5. With 43 punchouts against 4 walks in 36 innings, Whiting is worth keeping an eye on.
- Jeff Nadeau struck out 4 in 3 innings allowing 1 hit.
- Hector Corpas picked up his 9th save at JC with a 1 K 9th.