Posted on August 13th, 2010 by azruavatar in Daily Farm Reports
Memphis 5, Colorado Springs 2
- Jim Rapoport was 2-for-4.
- Amaury Cazana was 4-for-4 with a double and a HR. In between at bats, he perfected cold fusion.
- PJ Walters went 6 innings allowing 6 hits and 2 runs. He walked 1 and struck out 6. It’s curious to me what the organization plans for Walters. He’s pitching well in Memphis but there will always be questions about how his stuff will play in the big leagues.
- Eduardo Sanchez pitched a scoreless frame with 1 hit and 1 strikeout.
Springfield 6, Corpus Christi 1
- Tommy Pham was 4-for-5 with a pair of doubles and a pair of HRs. Pham’s HRs were 395ft and something around 320-330ft to left centerfield and left field, respectively. I’m going to withhold some of my commentary for a full Springfield writeup but Pham had one of the best games of any player I’ve seen in person. Really spectacular.
- Pete Kozma and Andrew Brown were 2-for-5 with a double.
- Xavier Scruggs went 2-for-4 with a HR.
- David Kopp pitched an efficient and effective 6 innings allowing 6 hits and 1 run. He struck out 6 throwing 50 of 67 pitches for strikes. Kopp came up limping after retiring the last out of the 6th — Kary Booher reports that it’s just a calf strain.
- Blake King pitched a scoreless frame walking 1 and striking out 2.
Palm Beach 2, St. Lucie 0
Quad Cities 3, Wisconsin 5
- Matt Adams was 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles.
- CJ Beatty was 2-for-4.
- Frederick Parejo walked 3 times in 4 trips to the plate.
- Eric Fornataro struck out 4 in 5 innings. He allowed 5 hits and 2 walks for 4 runs (1 earned).
- Nick Greenwood struck out 3 and walked 1 in 2 scoreless, hitless frames.
Batavia 9, Hudson Valley 3
- Chris Edmundson was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Nick Longmire was 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Victor Sanchez was 1-for-2 with a pair of walks.
- Yunier Castillo, Joey Bergman and Pat Biserta all went 2-for-4. Bergman doubled.
- John Gast is out to make me look dumb for not being excited about his signing. Gast pitched 6 scoreless frames and struck out an outstanding 11 strikeouts. Of the remaining 7 outs, 6 were on the ground. Gast has struck out 21 in 18 innings and walked just 2 batters.
Johnson City 3, Greeneville 6
- Johnson City’s offense tallied 5 hits and 1 walk.
- Ryan Copeland allowed 4 hits and 2 runs (1 earned) in 5 innings. He walked 1 and struck out 4.
- Hector Hernandez took the loss allowing 4 runs in 4 innings.