Posted on August 14th, 2010 by azruavatar in Daily Farm Reports
Memphis 9, Colorado Springs 8
- James Rapoport was 2-for-5 with a HR.
- Daniel Descalso was 3-for-5.
- Amaury Cazana was 1-for-3 with a HR and a walk. Lord Marti is swinging a hot bat right now.
- Joe Mather was also 1-for-3 with a HR and a walk. The HR is Mather’s 8th of the year.
- Brandon Dickson got touched up for 6 runs (5 earned) in 6 innings. He struck out 5 while allowing 8 hits and 2 walks.
- Memphis scored 6 runs in the 9th for a come from behind win.
Springfield 12, San Antonio 8
- Tommy Pham was 3-for-4 with a double and a walk. At 22, Pham isn’t old for AA despite the fact that he’s been in the system for what seems like forever.
- Pete Kozma(naut) was 3-for-4 with a double a HR and a walk.
- Matt Carpenter was 1-for-3 with a HR and a pair of walks. It is sooooo difficult not to write up my thoughts on these players now. Hopefully, I’ll be able to pen that post early in the week. Matt Carpenter is very intriguing.
- Brian Broderick pitched 7.1 innings allowing 9 hits and 5 runs (3 earned). (The error on Carpenter was bogus, imo. The centerfielder was fast as heck and would have been safe even if he’d fielded it cleanly. If i was the scorer, I’d have Broderick with 5 ER.) Broderick struck out 3.
- Tyler Norrick failed to record an out in a 12-5 game.
- Adam Reifer needed just 4 pitches to clean up the mess inducing a double play on a comebacker before recording the last out on a groundball.
Palm Beach 3, St. Lucie 2
- D’Marcus Ingram was 2-for-4.
- Niko Vasquez reached base twice via walks in 4 trips to the plate.
- Jermaine Curtis was 2-for-2 with a walk.
- Scott Schneider pitched 7 innings allowing 7 hits and 2 ER. He struck out just 1 while walking 2 and had an uncharacteristically high number of flyouts (11 of 21).
- Matt Frevert pitched a perfect 9th striking out 2.
Quad Cities 7, Burlington 6 (11 innings)
- Luis Mateo was 1-for-5 with a pair of walks.
- Devin Goodwin was on base 5 times including a double and two walks.
- Raniel Rosario was 1-for-3 with a pair of walks.
- Edgar Lara walked twice and singled in 6 trips to the plate.
- Jorge Rondon allowed 5 runs in 4.1 IP. He walked 4 and allowed 6 hits. Back to the bullpen with thee Rondon!
- Michael Blazek struck out 4 in 2.2 perfect innings.
Batavia 7, Hudson Valley 4
- Chris Edmondson was 2-for-5.
- Nick Longmire was 2-for-4 with a double. Longmire has cooled a bit with a .867 OPS on the season. He’s still showing great power (.200 ISO) and getting on base a decent clip (.369 OBP).
- Matt Valaika was 1-for-2 with a double and a pair of walks.
- Nick McCully struck out 5 in 5 innings allowing 1 ER on 3 hits and 1 walk.
- Keith Butler pitched a scoreless frame with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
Johnson City 9, Greeneville 6