It’s signing day, hit the other posts for that intel, but congrats to new Future Redbirds Zach Cox and Matt Swagerty. In other news:
Tommy Pham has hit the DL. Pham had a red hot preseason and began to finally hit the ball better in Springfield after being promoted from Palm Beach. He OPS’ed .966 in Springfield but that was supported by a .422 BABIP. I would love to see Pham come back strong for the last week of the season, but so far this season has been a excellent step forward.
- Nate Robertson started for the Redbirds and gave up 5 runs in 5 innings.
- Reyel Pinto, Eduardo Sanchez, Josh Kinney, Fernando Salas, Oneli Perez and Rich Rundles got through the next 11 shutout innings. Fernando Salas struck out 5 of the 6 batters he faced.Eduardo Sanchez inherited a bases loaded situation and got out of it.
- Ruben Gotay and Dan Descalso had 3 hits.
- Amaury Cazana had the walk off HR to win the game for a total of 4 hits on the night.
- Kevin Howard and Bryan Anderson had HR.
- Joe Mather had the old and a HALF with 6 Ks.
- Scott McGregor pitched 6 shutout innings scattering 5 hits striking out 5 and walking 1.
- Trey Hearne then pitched in relief giving up a solo HR.
- Jason Buursma and Ramon Delgado were the other relief pitchers.
- Nick Derba had a double and a solo HR.
- Aaron Luna a double, two singles and a walk.
- Pete Kozma also had a solo HR.
- Matt Carpenter and Andrew Brown each had a double and a single.
- Richard Castillo took the loss with 6 runs (4 earned) and 7 hits over 6 innings.
- Joel Pichardo finished off the game with 3 runs over 2 innings allowing 5 hits.
- D’Marcus was 3-5 with 3 singles.
- Raco had a double, a single and a stolen base.
- Shelby Miller pitched 5 perfect innings before allowing his first hit in the allowing a hit in the 6th inning. He finished up with 7 innings, striking out 11 (11!) and walking only 2. He only allowed 2 hits, one was a long HR.
- Nick Greenwood pitched the final two shutout innings with 1 K and 1 walk.
- Edgar Lara was 2-4 with a 3 run double and a 1 run double.
- Robert Stock, Raniel Rosario and Ivan Castro all had doubles.
Johnson City was postponed.