Posted on August 21st, 2010 by azruavatar in Daily Farm Reports
Memphis 7, Omaha 12
- Nick Stavinoha went yard.
- Joe Mather was 3-for-5 with a double. Mather’s still sporting a mid-.700 OPS, which is less than inspiring. Wrist injuries are notorious for sapping power but Mather’s continued mediocrity is uninspiring.
- Ruben Gotay and Steve Hill both went 2-for-4 with a double. Hill also homered.
- Oneli Perez got lit up for 7 runs (6 earned) in 2 innings.
Springfield 5, San Antonio 6
Palm Beach 6, Charlotte 3
- Ryan Jackson was 2-for-3 with a walk. Jackson has maintained a respectable batting average since being promoted to Palm Beach but he’s reaching base less than a third of the time and not hitting for more than minimal power.
- Niko Vasquez was 2-for-4.
- Richard Castillo manged to allow just 3 runs despite getting lit up for 7 hits and 4 walks.
- Casey Mulligan allowed 3 hits in a scoreless 9th for his 10th save at Palm Beach.
Quad Cities 5, Kane County 2
- Michael Swinson was 1-for-4 with a walk.
- Ted Obregon was 2-for-4.
- Daniel Bibona struck out 6 over 5 IP. He allowed 2 hits including a solo homerun.
- Jose Rada struck out the side in the 9th.
Batavia 5, Williamsport 2
- Audry Perez was 2-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Jonathan Rodriguez homered and walked in 4 trips to the plate.
- Andrew Moss struck out 5 in 6.1 innings. He allowed 2 hits and 1 walk for 2 runs. At 24, Moss is old for short season ball but he’s striking out nearly a batter an inning and has a 3:1 K:BB ratio.
- Travis Lawler struck out 4 of the 5 batters he retired. He also walked 1.
- David Kington struck out 2 in 1 inning of work.
Johnson City 7, Princeton 1