Playoff DFR on the way…
Pacific Coast League Playoffs
- James Rapoport went 3-for-3 w/ 1 RBI, 1 BB, and 1 R leading off for the Red Birds
- Allen Craig and Mark Hamilton both went 1-for-4 w/ 1 2B..Hamilton had 2 RBI Craig had 1 RBI
- Ruben Gotay went 2-for-4 w/ 1 2B, 1 BB, and 1 R
- Donovan Solano went 3-for-5 w/ 1 2B, 1 RBI, and 2 R
- HOLY CRAP, Lance Lynn broke out the black magic he learned on the side from Arquimedes and went 7.0 innings allowing only 3 H and 1 ER, he also had….wait for it….16!! STRIKEOUTS (can you tell I am excited?)
- Adam Reifer gave up 2 H and 1 ER in his lone inning, he struck out 1 and had 1 BB
- Eduardo Sanchez put up a perfect inning that included 2 K’s
Memphis advances to the PCL finals and will play either Tacoma, who has a red hot Dustin Ackley, or Sacramento.
Texas League Playoffs
- There were no XBH in this game by the Cardinals
- Matt Carpenter had the lone RBI
- On the other hand (or team), Eric Hosmer is a Beast. Say what you want about how inept the Royals have been over the last 10 or so years, but they are building an impressive farm system using those high draft picks.
- David Kopp got the start and was not all that impressive going 5.1 innings while giving up 5 H, 3 R (2 ER), 4 BB, and including 5 K’s
- Matt Frevert was not good either
- Jason Buursma went 0.2, both outs came via the K
- Kevin Thomas got in the game for one batter
The best of 5 series is all tied up 1-1 with the series headed to Springfield for the next two.
Midwest League Playoffs
- Luis Mateo went 2-for-5 w/ 1 3B and 1 R
- Rainel Rosario went 2-for-4 w/ 1 HR, 1 RBI, 2 R, and 1 BB
- Devin Goodwin went 3-for-5 w/ 1 2B, 1 RBI, and 1 R
- Colin Walsh had 2 singles in 5 AB’s
- Cody Stanley put up 2 RBI on 1 H
- Robert Stock and Juan Castillo also had an RBI apiece
- Federick Parejo had 1 3B in 5 plate appearances
- As you might expect, this is not pretty
- Daniel Bibona did strikeout 7 in 5.0 innings but he gave up 4 ER in a variety of ways
- The next four pitchers got rocked until Chris Corrigan came in and slammed the door shut/plugged the overflowing dam by putting up 0.1 innings of perfection
This officially eliminates the River Bandits from the playoffs. It is too bad because I would have liked to have seen Miller pitch again unfettered by pitch counts and restrictions.
That’s it, that’s all folks.