Springfield finally got their postseason underway after the rains only to get extra baseball! Memphis moved to a commanding 2-0 lead thanks in part to a Top Prospect finally finding his stride? One affiliate is headed home for the year while another has a deciding game tomorrow night.
Cards actually shave a game off the NL Central lead and have me a sweep of the Braves away from believing this team could make the postseason. After all the frustration you’ve put me through this season, Cardinals, you owe it to me for a glorious mad-dash to the finish.
On to the DFR!
Memphis 3, OK City 2
- James Rapoport went 2-for-4.
- Allen Craig, Joe Mather and Mark Hamilton (2B) all went 1-for-4.
- Reuben Gotay went 1-for-2 with a 2B and RBI.
- Toni Cruz went 1-for-3 with a 2B.
- Donovan Solano went 2-for-3 with a R.
- PJ Walters helped the Redbirds move to a 2-0 lead with 6.2 IP of 7 H, 2 ER baseball. He struggled with command walking 5 but still struckout 7. He did it on 111 pitches.
- Rich Rundles got 1 out in the 7th with a K.
- Adam Reifer went 1 IP with 1 H and 1 K.
- Josh Kinney went 1 IP with 1 H and 1 K picking up his 2nd save of the series.
- Pete Kozma gave Springfield a lead in the 8th and then the victorious margin in the 12th with a pair of HRs. He went 2-for-6 with 3 RBI.
- Aaron Luna went 2-for-6 with a 2B.
- Andrew Brown went 1-for-3 with a 2B.
- Matt Carpenter went 1-for-4 with a 2B.
- Antonio DeJesus went 1-for-3 with a 3B.
- Scott McGregor threw 7.2 IP of 2 R (1 ER) work. He gave up 9 H but only 1 BB and struckout 2.
- Ramon Delgado worked 2.1 scoreless innings with 2 K.
- Scott Gorgen picked up the win with an IP that featured a BB and 2 K.
- Blake King was handed a lead in the 12th, and despite a BB and 2 H, was able to get 3 outs (1 with a K) for the save.
- Luis Mateo went 1-for-3 with a 3B.
- Alan Ahmady hit a 2B and had an RBI.
- Edgar Lara went 2-for-3 with a 2B and RBI.
- Frederick Parejo and Robert Stock both went 1-for-4 with a RBI.
- Michael Blazek gave up 5 ER in the 2nd inning and Quad Cities could never make up that margin. He pitched 6 IP with 8 H, 1 BB and 7 K.
- Justin Smith pitched 2 IP with 1 BB and 2 K.
- Aaron Terry went 1 IP with a BB and 2 K.
- Batavia didn’t get a hit after the 4th inning, only getting a runner on via HBP the rest of the game.
- Christopher Edmondson went 1-for-3.
- Victor Sanchez went 1-for-4.
- Juan Castillo went 1-for-3.
- Andrew Moss went the distance and was the toughluck loser, giving up only 1 ER on 4 H. He walked no one and had 5 K.
- The Muckdogs were eliminated from the playoffs after an exciting playoff series. See you next year boys.