azruavatar in Prospect rankings
- Shelby Miller, Carlos Martinez, Seth Blair, Jordan Swagerty and Tyrell Jenkins all receive notes regarding their curveballs. With Chris Carpenter, Adam Wainwright and Jaime Garcia all prominently featuring uncle charlie, are we entering a golden age for Cardinal 12-to-6ers?
- Joe Kelly can touch 100 mph with his fastball.
- Daniel Descalso as the “Best Strikezone Discipline” prospect is a poor choice. That’s an obvious category for Matt Carpenter but BA editors remain indifferent to Carpenter.
- Scott McGregor rating as the best control is discouraging. I think it’s questionable but McGregor being considered the top anything in the system is not a good sign.
- The projected 2014 rotation is sick: Wainwright, Garcia, Miller, Martinez, Jenkins.
- Maikel Cleto over Reifer and Kelly strikes me as too high. Reifer has a better secondary pitch and Kelly’s fastball is as good as Cleto’s but he could stick as a starter. I just don’t get that ranking.
- Goldstein is not a particular fan of Zach Cox. I echo some of his sentiments: questionable defense and an uncertain power projection.
- On Oscar Taveras: “Perfect World Projection: He could be an average to above-average corner outfielder.“
- Ryan Jackson is a sleeper pick . . . if he can keep hitting.