Make sure and read the recap for the QC#2 team. Impressive pitching performance.
Memphis 2, Buffalo 0
- PJ Walters threw 6 shutout innings allowing 3 hits and two walks while striking out 5. A much better outing than his last spring effort.
- Nick Additon threw a pair of perfect innings striking out 1.
- Jason Buursma pitched a scoreless, 1 hit inning.
- Andrew Brown was 2-for-3 with a pair of doubles. Even if Brown rakes, I don’t see a place for him on the big league squad.
- Bryan Anderson went yard.
Springfield 3, Binghamton 2
- Deryk Hooker struck out 1 in 2 IP.
- Brett Zawacki was touched up for 2 runs (1 earned) in 2 innings on 3 hits. Zawacki struck out 2.
- Jesse Simpson and Sam Freeman pitched a scoreless frame.
- Casey Mulligan struck out 1 in his inning of work.
- D’Marcus Ingram had a big offensive day. He went 2-for-4 with a double and scored the winning run in a play sequence that included his steal of second.
- Ryan Jackson was 2-for-4 with a triple. Jackson hit slightly better than the average player (not shortstop) at both Quad Cities and Palm Beach last year. If he can maintain some measure of offense, his defense has the ability to propel him to the big leagues. His starting assignment seems tied to Pete Kozma‘s and I expect Jackson to start at Palm Beach again for the first portion of the season.
Palm Beach 6, St. Lucie 3
- Maikel Cleto struck out 4 in 2.2 innings of work. He allowed 1 run on 1 hit and 2 walks.
- Jorge Rondon pitched 2.1 innings allowing 2 hits and 1 ER. He struck out 3 and walked 2.
- Chase Reid struck out 2 and allowed a hit in 1 IP.
- Edgar Lara was 2-for-2 with a homerun. One of the more interesting positional battles at the lower levels is Lara and Matt Adams who both had good years at Quad Cities though Adams was considerably better statistically. Neither would be well equipped to man the outfield so expect to see them rotate between first and DH at Palm Beach in the short term.
- CJ Beatty went 2-for-2 with a pair of walks.
- Travis Tartamella was 2-for-2 with a double.
- Frederick Parejo tripled.
- Francisco Rivera doubled.
Quad Cities #1 5, Savannah 14
- Carlos Martinez pitched 2.1 innings allowing 4 hits and 1 walk for 1 ER. He struck out 2.
- Drew Benes and Cale Johnson imploded late in the game for 5 ER and 4 ER respectively.
- Jonathan Rodriguez continues a torrid spring with a 2-for-4 outing including a double and a homer.
- Cody Stanley was 2-for-3 with a double.
- Victor sanchez and Christopher Edmondsun doubled.
Quad Cities #2 4, Gildea’s Raiders 0 (1 inning)
- Trevor Rosenthal pitched 4 perfect innings with 9 strikeouts.
- Aiden Lucas completed the no hitter with 1 inning, 1 walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Roberto de la Cruz was 2-for-3.
- Starlin Rodriguez singled, walked and was HBP. He scored all three times.
Thanks to Farm Director John Vuch and staff for compiling the notes that comprise the spring training Daily Farm Reports.