One transaction to note today: Josh Squatrito was released. A low level reliever who had very good K:BB rates, he’s gotten caught up in the glut of arms that get purged each spring. Realistically, he’s a long shot to ever make the majors but best of luck to him wherever he decides to pursue his pitching career.
Memphis 5, New Orleans 12
- Kevin Thomas was roughed up for 6 ER in 2 innings of work.
- Tyler Norrick in what may constitute his worst spring outing pitched 1 inning but walked 4 batters allowing 1 ER and striking out 1.
- Ramon Delgado and Rich Rundles were both touched up for runs as well leaving. . .
- Cory Rauschenberger as the only pitcher to have a scoreless outing: 2IP, 3 H, 1K
- Donovan Solano was 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles.
- Adron Chambers tripled.
- Tyler Henley had a single and a walk.
Springfield 7, Jacksonville 6
- Micheal Blazek pitched 4 innings striking out 4 and allowing 2 hits.
- Arquimedes Nieto was tagged for 3 runs (2 ER) in 3 innings of work on 4 hits and 1 walk. He struck out 1.
- Adam Reifer pitched a perfect inning to pick up the save.
- Matt Adams was the star offensively going 4-for-5 with a HR. He also got kudos for a defensive play on a ball hit down the line.
- Alex Castellanos had a pair of hits including a double.
- Nick Derba and Chris Swauger each had a walk and a single.
Palm Beach 14, Jupiter 4
- Andrew Moss allowed 1 ER in 2 IP on 3 hits while striking out 3.
- Nick Greenwood was saddled with 2 unearned runs in his 2 innings of work. Greenwood allowed 3 hits and struck out 1.
- Adam Melker was 3-for-5.
- Raniel Rosario was 2-for-3 with a HR.
- Zach Cox was 2-for-3 with a double.
- Ivan Castro was 2-for-2 with a double.
- Nick Longmire homered.
Quad Cities #1 2, Greensboro 5
- Tyrell Jenkins allowed 4 hits in 1.2 innings and walked 1 for 3 ER. I’d guess that Jenkins starts the year in Johnson City or Batavia. Given how raw he his as a pitcher, Quad Cities would be a real stretch for him.
- Tyler Lyons struck out 3 and walked 3 allowing 2 hits in 1.1 innings of work.
- Audry Perez was 2-for-3 with a HR.
- Oscar Taveras was 2-for-3 with a pair of stolen bases.
Quad Cities #2 6, Marlins Squad 3
- Angel DeJesus allowed 3 ER in 2.1 IP on 4 hits and 2 walks while punching out 2.
- Boone Whiting had a scoreless effort across 3.2 IP. He struck out 4 and allowed 3 hits. I’d love to see Whiting assigned to QC as I’m really intrigued by his control last year.
- Kleininger Teran was 2-for-3.
- Steven Ramos walked and singled.
- Colin Walsh singled and walked twice.
- Virgil Hill tripled.
Thanks to Farm Director John Vuch and staff for compiling the notes that make the DFR possible during spring training.