Posted on July 3rd, 2011 by azruavatar in Daily Farm Reports
Memphis 5, Oklahoma City 1
- Nick Stavinoha was 3-for-4 with a pair of homeruns. Stavinoha is not hitting well for a corner outfielder in Memphis but he has hit a ton of homeruns and currently sits at 14 on the season.
- Andrew Brown was 2-for-4.
- Bryan Anderson was 2-for-4.
- Aaron Luna was 2-for-3 with a walk.
- PJ Walters threw 6.1 innings walking 4 and striking out 5. He was tagged for 6 hits and 1 run.
- Chuckie Fick threw a scoreless 9th striking out 1.
Springfield 1, Frisco 3
- Jose Garcia was 2-for-4.
- Matt Adams went 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Scott Schneider had a solid 6 inning outing where he struck out 4. He allowed 1 run on 2 hits and 2 walks.
- Sam Freeman was saddled with the loss allowing 2 runs on 3 hits and striking out 1 in his inning of work. Freeman has faced twice as many left handed hitters as right handed hitters this year and has shown a particular dominance of them.
Palm Beach 2, Jupiter 1
- Starlin Rodriguez was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Raniel Rosario went 2-for-3. With good walk rates but a low power output, Rosario could be an ideal candidate for a “breakout” year at Springfield. While he hasn’t struggled in the FSL per se, his .786 OPS is not that of a top prospect.
- Niko Vasquez was 1-for-4 with a homerun.
- Eric Fornataro pitched 7 innings allowing 1 run on 6 hits and 3 walks. He struck out 3.
- Keith Butler picked up another save with two strikeouts, one walk and a hit in 1.1 IP.
Quad Cities 4, Clinton 3
- Michael Swinson was 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Oscar Taveras, playing left field, tripled and walked in 4 PAs.
- Johnathan Rodriguez was 1-for-3 with a walk and a HR. Rodriguez struggles making contact but he’s also shown the ability to take a walk (BB% > 15) and hit for power (ISO > .200). If he ever gets his batting average in the .250-.260 range, he’ll be worth keeping an eye on.
- Nick Longmire was 2-for-4 with a HR.
- Trevor Rosenthal allowed 3 runs on 3 hits and struck out 8 over 5.2 IP. In the 4th, Rosenthal hit a batter in the head with a pitch and a subsequent batter hit a two-run homerun. A hit batsman in the 6th would also come around to score.
- Aidan Lucas pitched 2 innings allowing 2 hits and striking out 2.
Batavia 8, Mahoning Valley 3
- Mike O’Neill went 1-for-3 with a double and two walks.
- Jeremy Patton and Romulo Ruiz both went 2-for-4 with a walk. Patton doubled.
- David Medina was 2-for-5 with a double.
- Nick Martini, 2011 7th round pick, was 0-for-3 with a pair of walks while playing center field.
- Todd McInnis went 5 innings allowing 3 hits and 1 walk for 1 ER. He struck out 3.
- Corey Baker pitched 2.1 innings striking out 3. He allowed 2 hits and 1 walk.
Johnson City 3, Pulaski 6
- Tyler Rahmatulla went 1-for-4 with a HR.
- Gary Apelian went 2-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Ronard Castillo was 2-for-3 with a double.
- Ben Freeman was roughed up for 6 runs (5 earned) over 5.1 IP. He was tagged for 7 hits and 1 walk while striking out 3.
- Michael Santana struck out 2 in 2 IP with 1 hit.