The farm went 2-3, while Memphis won in extra innings. Check out the details below!
I’ll have to update the Memphis-Omaha game tomorrow morning, but the current stats are up from the game.
Memphis 6, Omaha 5 in 14 innings
- Adron Chambers led off and went 2-6 with a double. He stole his 12th base and was been hit by a pitch
- The Redbirds were scoreless until Nick Stavinoha hit a 3-run bomb in the 7th. He had 2 singles, as well.
- Matt Carpenter had 5 hits, including 2 doubles
- The Redbirds tied it in the 9th on a sacrifice fly from Mark Hamilton
- Maikel Cleto gave up 3 runs (2 earned), 5 hits, and 2 walks in 6 innings. He struck out 4 and threw 2 wild pitches.
- Chuckie Fick pitched 2 perfect innings and struck out 2
- Shane Robinson led off and went 1-3 with a 2-run homer and 2 walks
- Ryan Jackson was 2-5 with his 23rd double
- Alex Castellanos hit cleanup and was 3-5 with a triple
- Audry Perez and Jermaine Curtis both had 2 doubles
- Daryl Jones continued to drill Texas League pitching, as he went 2-5 with a double
- Zack Cox and Matt Adams combined to go 0-10 with 5 strike outs
- Michael Blazek had a very odd start, as he gave up 8 runs in 3.2 innings. He gave up 3 homers, hit 2 batters, but impressively recorded 9 strikeouts out of the 11 total outs he made
- The bullpen wasn’t any better. Amazingly, each Tulsa Drillers starting player had a home run, outside of Erik Wetzel (the 8th place hitter) and the pitcher.
- Greg Garcia led off and went 1-3 with a triple and 2 RBI
- Domnit Bolivar was 2-3 with a walk and stole his 5th base
- Starlin Rodriguez hit 9th and also went 2-3
- Adam Melker hit 1-3 on the night with a walk
- Eric Fornataro gave up 10 hits in 6 innings, only one of which went for extra bases. He gave up 3 runs, 1 walk, and struck out 4. 9 of the 11 outs recorded in the field came on the ground
- Garrett Wittels recorded a triple as his only hit in 5 at-bats and struck out 3 times. He also walked once
- Joseph Bergman hit 3rd and went 2-3 with 2 walks and a stolen base
- Virgil Hill hit a solo-HR in the 4th and finished 2-4
- Roberto Reyes went 2-5 with 1 RBI
- Nick Martini hit a triple and walked once
- Cesar Valera was 2-3 with 2 RBI, a walk, and stolen base
- Hector Hernandez threw 4 scoreless innings, as he struck out 4, walked 2, and gave up 2 hits. He threw 1 wild pitch
- Scott Bittle threw a scoreless inning out of the pen and struck out 1
- Matt Williams hit 3rd and went 2-4 with a double
- David Bergin was 1-3
- Ronard Castillo drilled a HR as his only hit
- Eduardo Hiraldo had a line of 5.1 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 2 K. He gave up 2 HR but 9 out of the 12 outs in the field came via the ground