With only 1 game on the docket tonight, the Quad Cities playoff game, I figured I’d give you more of a recap/player line hybrid. We will see how it goes, I know how some like their DFR to be straightforward so this may be a one night experiment.
On to the DFR!
Quad Cities 9, Clinton 5 (Game 1 of Series)
- Quad Cities jumped out to a 6-0 lead in the first two innings and Clinton never could recover.
- Boone Whiting gave up 2 doubles in the 3rd and a 2 run HR in the 6th for the only real trouble he faced over the 6 innings he pitched. He would strike out 9 batters, including the last batter he faced. The 2 doubles and the HR accounted for 3 of the 6 H he gave up and all 3 ER.
- Ronny Gil and Oscar Taveras both singled in the 1st inning before Jonathan Rodriguez brought them home with a 3-run HR. Rodriguez would hit a sac fly in the 7th and a RBI 2B in the 9th to go 2-for-3 with 5 RBI, 2B and HR.
- In the 2nd, Geoffrey Klein doubled (1-for-4) and after a Kolten Wong walk and Joey Bergman HBP, Oscar Taveras would hit his 2nd single. He cleared the bases and advanced to 3rd on the throw. Taveras went 3-for-5 with 3 RBI.
- Kolten Wong and Nick Longmire went 1-for-4.
- Michael Maness made a mess of things in the 7th. He got the 1st batter on a groundout, but then allowed a 2B, RBI 1B, BB and another single to load the bases. His line would finish with .1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER and 1 BB.
- Aiden Lucas surrendered a run because of a Kolten Wong fielding error but got the next batter to ground into an inning ending DP. In the 8th, he struckout 2 for a line of 1.2 IP and 2 K.
- Dean Kiekhefer gave up a H but struckout 2 in his IP.