Catching up . . .
- MLB.com Cardinals’ beat writer Jenifer Langosch has an article on top prospect Shelby Miller. There’s some candid conversation about his suspension in 2011.
- Langosch also has notes from the end of each day in Spring Training as well. Day 1, Day 2, Day 3
- From the Day 1 link:
Over on one of the far fields, third base coach Jose Oquendo worked two-on-one with Minor Leaguers Zack Cox and Matt Carpenter. The Cardinals intend to keep Cox, who was a first-round pick in 2010, at third despite some external grumblings about how Cox could fit better at second long-term. Carpenter is projected to be the starting third baseman in Triple-A, though he should also get some spring work at other infield positions to improve his versatility.
- It would be a non-surprise to see Matt Carpenter spend some time in the outfield at Memphis this season.
- Derrick Goold has some notes on the BA top 100. Goold adds some context to the Tyrell Jenkins inclusion on that list.
- Seedlings to Stars has it’s top Cardinals prospect list, which is presented in a different format than other lists.