Anthony Ferrara and Trevor Rosenthal lead the pitching in an emphatic manner. Several players had solid offensive days but Greg Garcia has one of the better ones.
Memphis 7, Buffalo 5
- Michael Blazek pitched 4 innings allowing 3 unearned runs. He struck out 2 and walked 2 with 4 hits.
- Maikel Cleto pitched just 1 inning (interesting) walking 1 and striking out 1.
- Chuckie Fick walked 2 with 1 hit for 1 ER in 0.2 IP.
- Tyler Melling pitched a scoreless frame working around 2 hits.
- Allen Craig homered and walked.
- Mike O’Neill, Jermaine Curtis and Chris Swauger were all 2-for-3.
Springfield 13, Binghamton 6
- Trevor Rosenthal pitched 3 perfect innings striking out 6. Anyone else thinking he’s pitched his way into the Springfield rotation?
- Brad Watson was lit up for 5 runs (4 earned) in 1.1 IP. He allowed 6 hits and 2 walk, striking out just 1.
- Heath Wyatt pitched 2 perfect frames striking out 1.
- Alan Ahmady was 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles. Ahmady had a bizarre 2011 line in Palm Beach where, over the course of 380 PAs, he hit .250/.385/.336. He’s on the small side (listed at 5′ 11″ but I’d put him closer to 5’9″) and is an awkward corner outfielder from what I’ve seen. He’s like Matt Carpenter but without the average skills at other things. He’s just really effing good at taking a walk.
- Nick Longmire had 2 hits including a double.
- Rainel Rosario was 2-for-5 with a triple.
- Greg Garcia was 2-for-2 with a double and a HR. I think 2012 will be the deciding year whether Garcia breaks into the prospect consciousness of the internet. He’s supposed to be a slick defender and he’s posted impressive offensive numbers for a player who can play the middle of the infield. Between Kolten Wong and Ryan Jackson, he’s been a bit overshadowed, but 2012 could change that.
- Speaking of Wong, he singled and walked in today’s game.
- Cody Stanley homered.
Palm Beach 3, St. Lucie 4
- Anthony Ferrara struck out 7 in 4 IP. He allowed 1 ER on 5 hits.
- Zach Russell allowed 1 ER on 2 hits in 2 IP. He struck out 1.
- Nick Gillung pitched 2 scoreless frames with 1 hit and 1 walk.
- Vance Albitz was 2-for-3.
- Chris Edmondson hit a 2 run homerun.
Quad Cities 2, Savannah 3
- Tyrell Jenkins got bumped around allowing 7 hits and 3 ER. He pitched 4 innings striking out 2 and walking 1.
- Hector Hernandez struck out 4 in 4 IP. In the scoreless outing, he walked 3 and allowed 1 hit.
- Kyle Hald pitched 2 scoreless frames allowing 2 hits and striking out 2.
- Gerwuins Velazco, no offense to Velazco or Bileckyj but I sometimes wonder if the Cardinals front office doesn’t chuckle when they know I’m going to have to remember how to spell these names, was 2-for-3.