Welcome to the first Daily Farm Report of the 2012 regular season. I’m your host, azruavatar. Palm Beach is off tonight on account of Florida being weird and not starting the same day that every other league does. Some well regarded pitching prospects got slapped around in the low minors and Matt Adams hit his first dinger in AAA beginning the assault on the Memphis record. (Fake bonus points for whoever looks up the Memphis HR record.)
Welcome to 2012. Welcome to the DFR. But be careful, “That is mahogany!” *
- Adron Chambers was 2-for-4 with a very fast walk.
- Ryan Jackson was 2-for-5.
- Amaury Cazana Marti, who will has the chance to play stateside for an entire year for the first time since 2006, went 2-for-4. He’s spent at least part of the each of the last 5 seasons in the Mexican League.
- Matt Adams went 1-for-4 with a dinger.
- Pete Kozma(naut) was 3-for-4 with a … yes, with a dinger. Just had to double check that boxscore.
- Marti also turned a double play with Pete Kozma doubling a man off second.
- Brandon Dickson pitched 5.1 innings allowing 5 hits and 1 ER on a solo homerun. He walked 1.
- Eduardo Sanchez picked up an ugly save allowing 2 ER on 3 walks and a HBP. He struck out 1 and allowed 1 hit.
- Kolten Wong was 1-for-3 with a walk.
- A rough night for Springfield at the plate as they struck out 16 times against the Frisco RoughRiders. Justin Grimm, the opposing starter struck out 10 in 5.1 IP.
- Scott Gorgen takes the loss in an abbreviated outing for Springfield. He struck out 6 in 2.2 innings allowing 2 hits and 2 walks.
- Sam Freeman struck out 2 in a perfect pair of frames.
- Matt Williams was 2-for-5 with a double leading off and playing shortstop.
- Roberto de la Cruz was 2-for-5 with a double.
- David Medina was 0-for-3 but drew 2 walks.
- Colin Walsh was 1-for-5 with a 2-run homerun.
- Luis Mateo was 3-for-4.
- Juan Castillo was 2-for-4.
- Tyrell Jenkins had an ugly first outing. He lasted just 1.1 innings and was torched for 5 runs though only 1 was earned. He allowed 2 hits and walked 2 failing to strike out a batter.
- Robert Stock was also lit up for another 5 runs (4 earned) in 1.2 IP. He allowed 4 hits and walked 1 while striking out 1.
- Dail Villanueva struck out 2 and walked 2 in 2 scoreless innings.
* I liked neither that book nor that movie.