In case you missed it …
- The sports editor for The Commercial Appeal in Memphis, David Williams, pens an editorial about Autozone Park, which has been in and out of financial trouble ever since being built. For those of you who haven’t been there, it is an absolutely stunning park with excellent amenities. Simply fantastic. At one point, the St. Louis Cardinals were rumored to be interested in buying the facility before some of the more grisly debt facts came to life. I’d be shocked to see the AAA affiliate move away from the park inside of 5 years. Just doesn’t make any sense to me.
- Steve Batterson of the QC Times catches up with Robert Stock on his transition to pitching.
- Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch checks in on the minor leaguers who jumped Palm Beach directly to Springfield this season.
- Kevin Goldstein lists the top pair of teams to see in each league. Springfield checks in for the Texas League.
- John Sickels makes a lofty ETA prediction for Kolten Wong following his hot start.
- Wong’s hot start also earns him a spot on Baseball America’s Prospect Hot Sheet.