Posted on May 5th, 2012 by azruavatar in Daily Farm Reports
The system goes 2-for-3 and, outside of Jake Shaffer and Zack Cox, lacks any standout performers. None of the starters had a great night though many of them pitched reasonably well.
Memphis 1, Round Rock 8
- Pete Kozma was 2-for-4.
- Zack Cox was 3-for-4 with a pair of doubles.
- Matt Adams was 1-for-3.
- Ryan Jackson was 0-for-4.
- It was a bit of an off night for start Joe Kelly. He walked 4 batters in 5 innings allowing 7 hits and 3 ER. He struck out just 2 while maintaining his impressive groundout ratios.
- RJ Swindle struggled to work around a Cox error allowing 4 runs (1 earned) on 3 hits. Swindle struck out 2.
Springfield 14, NW Arkansas 9
- A host of players went 1-for-4 with a walk including top prospects Kolten Wong and Oscar Taveras. On the night, Springfield has 14 hits and 6 walks.
- Jake Shaffer was 3-for-5 with a pair of homeruns.
- Jose Garcia was 1-for-5 with a homerun.
- Trevor Rosenthal muddled through a start not too dissimilar from Joe Kelly. Rosenthal worked 5 innings allowing 2 runs on 6 hits and a pair of walks. He struck out 5. On the season, Rosenthal has 29 strikeouts in 30.2 IP. The problem has been the walks, of which he has 19.
- Justin Wright and Kevin Thomas would make things interesting during their relief stints allowing 3 runs and 4 runs (2 earned) respectively.
Palm Beach 0, Brevard County 3
- Mike O’Neill was 3-for-4. He’s having an unheralded year at Palm Beach, quietly hitting .340/.429/.402.
- The rest of Palm Beach tallied 5 singles and a pair of walks in the low offense game.
- Anthony Ferrara walked 5 in 5 innings of work but managed to limit the damage to just 1 run. He struck out 2 and allowed 3 hits.
- Aidan Lucas pitched 2 innings allowing 1 hit and striking out 2. Lucas now has 18 strikeouts in 15 innings of work.
- Logan Billbrough struck out 2 in his scoreless frame.
Quad Cities 2, Burlington 3 (Game 1 – 10 Innings)
- Tyler Rahmatulla was 1-for-4 with a homerun. With a .294/.400/.490 line on the season, the biggest area of concern is the strikeout rate but Rahmatulla has, thus far, shown he can handle full season baseball.
- Anthony Garcia was 2-for-3.
- Kyle Hald struck out 6 in 6 innings. He allowed 2 runs (1 earned) on 5 hits.
- Willy Paulino walked 1 and allowed 1 hit in 3 innings of work. He struck out 2.
- Fun Boxscore Item: Nick Martini got ejected in the 6th inning by the 1st base umpire.
Quad Cities 6, Burlington 5 (Game 2 – 7 Innings)
- Nick Martini was 2-for-3 with a double and a walk. Martini’s bounceback season from an atrocious 2011 continues but with a .030 ISO, it lacks power.
- Colin Walsh was 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Anthony Garcia was 1-for-1 with a walk as a substitute.
- Sam Gaviglio allowed 4 runs on 7 hits in 4.1 innings. He struck out 2 and walked 1.
- Robert Stock pitched 1 inning walking 3 and striking out 1. He allowed 1 run. Stock’s conversion to the mound has had a very rough start.