Thanks to azruavatar for covering my shift the past couple of nights while I was getting settled into a new apartment. And congrats to Anthony Ferrara Jr. (2.57/4.07 ERA/FIP), Starlin Rodriguez (.349 wOBA), and Mike O’Neill (.368 wOBA) for being selected to represent Palm Beach in the FSL’s 2012 All-Star Game. Seth Maness was also selected but will not participate since he has been promoted to Springfield, where he pitched very well tonight.
Memphis was shut out despite having more hits than their opponents. Springfield won in spite of quiet nights from Wong and Taveras. Jonathan Rodriguez hit his 2nd HR in 3 nights. Colin Walsh continued his impressive streak of hitting for Quad Cities. Details after the jump…
Memphis 0, Round Rock 3
- Lou Montanez had a nice night leading off, going 3-for-5.
- Cedric Hunter went 3-for-4 w/ a SB (3rd of season).
- The other three hits were from Ryan Jackson, Jamie Romak, and Eugenio Velez (double).
- Bryan Anderson had 3 walks, while Mark Hamilton and Mitch Canham each added a walk of their own.
- Nick Additon only allowed 1 hit but issued 5 walks in 7 innings pitched. He also had 4 strikeouts.
- Adam Reifer threw 2 innings in relief; he surrendered 1 run on 1 hit, 1 walk, and 1 strike out.
- Kolten Wong and Oscar Taveras failed to reach base tonight. I guess we’ll still keep them.
- Chris Swauger was 2-for-3 w/ a HR, triple, and walk.
- Jermaine Curtis was 1-for-2 w/ a double , two walks, and a SB (3rd of the season).
- Xavier Scruggs and Jose Garcia each had 1 single and 1 walk. Greg Garcia added a single of his own.
- Travis Tartamella drew a walk.
- Seth Maness has yet to disappoint in double-A. Tonight, he pitched 7 scoreless innings that featured 6 hits, 1 walk, and 4 strikeouts all the while keeping the ball on the ground (9:3 GO:AO).
- Deryk Hooker had 2 strikeouts in 1.1 innings. He allowed 2 runs on 3 hits and a walk.
- Keith Butler was awarded his 11th save of the season for getting the last two outs of the game, one via the strikeout.
- Jonathan Rodriguez was 3-for-4 w/ a HR.
- Mike O’Neill was 2-for-4.
- Chris Edmonson, Rainel Rosario, and Geoffrey Klein each contributed singles.
- Ryan Sheriff pitched very well tonight. In 7 innings, he only allowed 1 run on 4 hits, 1 walk, and 3 strikeouts.
- Logan Billbrough was credited with a save (4th of season) for pitching 2 innings that included 3 hits and 2 strikeouts.
- Colin Walsh was 2-for-4 w/ a HR.
- Anthony Garcia was 2-for-4 w/ a double.
- Juan Castillo and Matt Williams were each 2-for-4.
- Virgil Hill had 1 hit, 1 walk, and 1 SB (4th of the season).
- Neal Pritchard walked twice and Tyler Rahmatulla walked once.
- Hector Hernandez was hammered for 8 runs (7 earned) on 7 hits (1 HR) and 5 walks against 2 strikeouts. He only lasted 3 innings.
- Willy Paulino pitched 3 innings in relief; he surrendered 3 runs (1 earned) on 2 hits (1 HR) and 2 walks. He struck out 3 batters.
- Ethan Cole tallied 2 strikeouts in 2 innings and Bob Revesz struck out another in the 9th.