In case you missed it …
- Kary Booher of the Springfield News-Leader had several interesting posts this week covering players that passed through Springfield and now find themselves called up to the majors: Sam Freeman, Chuckie Fick, Alex Castellanos (LA Dodgers). Some are reprints of previously published pieces but they are all informative and interesting in light of recent promotions.
- Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post Dispatch takes a look at the struggles of Zack Cox who continues to scuffle in Memphis. Cox currently has a .209/.257/.349 line in AAA.
- Springfield starting pitcher Trevor Rosenthal and Quad Cities jack of all trades Colin Walsh took the organizations’s minor league players of the month honors for June.
- Jenifer Langosch of MLB.com takes a look at the Cardinals’ upcoming draft. This is also my chance to plug the fact that Future Redbirds is planning to do our normal live and post draft coverage. We’ll have live chats on Monday night during the televised first round and Tuesday during the conference call. Afterwards, we’ll scour the web to aggregate the best and most comprehensive information we can on each pick. To take a look back at last year’s coverage, click here.
- John Kilma has some video and comments on a group of players that the Cardinals have been linked to at various times in the last few weeks: Stryker Trahan, Addison Russell, Hunter Virant.
- Jason Parks of Baseball Prospectus writes on five of the Cardinals top prospects: Oscar Taveras, Shelby Miller, Kolten Wong, Carlos Martinez, Tyrell Jenkins.
- Kevin Goldstein of Baseball Prospectus gives his top 30 draft prospects: Part 1, Part 2