[azruavatar note: Jeff and I will be doing individual recaps for rounds 11-20. We'll be posting them in order as we finish them and right now, I'm the hold up for reasons I won't get into. Stay tuned as we work our way through the draft. Rounds 11 & 12 are below.]
The system went 2-for-3 on the night. As a whole, the starting pitchers posted impressive strikeout-to-walk ratios with Anthony Ferrara compiling the most impressive line. Kolten Wong and Oscar Taveras powered Springfield to a high-scoring win, and Jonathan Rodriguez did the same for Palm Beach. Details after the jump…
Memphis: No game.
- Kolten Wong went 2-for-5 with his 5th HR of the year.
- Oscar Taveras also went 2-for-5 with his 12th HR of the year.
- Jermaine Curtis and Greg Garcia walked twice.
- Xavier Scruggs went 2-for-4 with a walk.
- Audry Perez went 3-for-4.
- Kyle Conley and Chris Swauger each had singles.
- Scott Gorgen was blasted for 6 runs in 5 innings but only 2 of the runs were earned. He struck out 6 against 2 walks and gave up 6 hits (1 HR).
- Deryk Hooker then pitched 1.2 innings of relief; he allowed a solo homer and 2 walks.
- Eric Fornataro allowed 1 hit and 2 walks but zero runs scored in 1.1 innings.
- Keith Butler had 1 strikeout and allowed 1 hit en route to his 12th save.
- Jonathan Rodriguez belted 2 HRs, his 4th and 5th on the season.
- Geoff Klein was 2-for-4 with a HR, his 2nd on the season.
- Cody Stanley was 1-for-4 with a double.
- Jeremy Patton and Ildemaro Vargas each had 1 hit and 1 walk.
- Mike O’Neill contributed 1 hit and 2 walks.
- Anthony Ferrara had an impressive outing, striking out 9 in 6 innings; he allowed 3 runs on 6 hits (1 HR) and 1 walk.
- Logan Billbrough gave up 1 run on 1 hit and 1 walk; he struck out 2 in 2 innings.
- Dean Kiekhefer registered his 5th save by striking out the side.
- Nick Martini was 2-for-4 with 2 doubles.
- Colin Walsh was 2-for-4.
- Virgil Hill had a double.
- Luis Mateo and Tyler Rahmatulla each had a single.
- Sam Gaviglio allowed 4 runs in 7 innings that included 5 hits (1 HR), 1 walk, and 6 strikeouts.
- Robert Stock struck out 2 and walked 1 in one inning of relief.